Let's Pretend It's Love✨

Bad Era

Requested by @superflysister22 . Hope you enjoy!

"Y/N! Michael! Over here! Look this way!"

You smile down at the ground, shielding your eyes from the bright lights and cameras. While this chaotic attention was not a new entity in your life, you'd never really gotten used to it. With the addition of your mega-famous beau, you could hardly go anywhere now without all eyes on you.

"Can we expect wedding bells soon?"

" Michael! Is Y/N going to perform on tour with you?"

"Is it true you gave Michael the bones of the Elephant man as an anniversary present, Y/N?"

You grab hold of Michael's hand, the ridiculous questions a blur as you approach the restaurant. You flash your famous smile at the paparazzi, waving at them briefly as they snap photos. The camera lens goes wild as Michael leans over to whisper in your ear.

"Move," he mumbles.

You suck your teeth, resisting the urge to roll your eyes as you give the crowd one last smile before Michael tugs you into the restaurant.

"You're so rude," you grumble, snatching your hand away from his once the doors are closed and the cameras are gone.

Michael smirks.

"And you're a narcissist,"

You scoff.

"The whole point of this stupid dinner tonight was a photo opt. I'm just doing my job. You should try it sometime,"

When the cameras weren't flashing the two of you were anything but the picture-perfect couple.

For the past six months, you'd been dating mega popstar, Michael Jackson. The two of you were the ideal celebrity couple and so many girls envied your position. What they didn't know was that your entire relationship was an elaborate sham.

You were also a popular pop act and through the years you and Michael had been heavily competing for charting positions. To stifle rumors of a rivalry, your managers thought it would be a good idea if the two of you dated.It was a match made in PR heaven. The shy moon-walking sensation paired with the fiery songstress, sugar and spice personified.

Initially, you thought the idea was ridiculous but you knew it would likely boost your public image. Michael also reluctantly agreed and the two of you signed a confidential contract for a year-long relationship.

The year could have breezed by with ease but you and Michael did not get along. You were polar opposites, always butting heads when you weren't posing for pictures.

Despite the quarling you didn't mind going out with Michael. He was insanely attractive and could be very gentlemanly. You'd tried being friendly but Michael wouldn't budge. The two of you were only obligated to make appearances together. Any feelings, whether platonic or otherwise, were not a part of the contract.

"Whatever," he mumbles as the two of you settle into your booth.

The entire restaurant had been rented out just for you to take a few pictures and have a quiet, boring dinner together.

You shrug out of your jacket, smoothing down your tight skirt.

"I could have gotten George Michael or Prince but I end up with you," you sneer. "I'm so lucky."

You force a smile as a waitress comes with two glasses of red wine. Michael politely thanks her, glowering at you under his perfectly shaped eyebrows once she leaves.