Spark ✨

Bad Era

Requested by @Mykolsbabymomma . Hope you enjoy! 

"Here comes Prince and guess who's his date tonight The gorgeous Y/N L/N !"

You flash a smile as the cameras snap, trying hard not to squint at the bright flashes and clinging to your date's arm as you pose in matching yellow ensembles.

"Y/N! Look this way!"

It seemed as if a million different photographers were shouting your name and seeking your attention but you ignore them, bringing your focus to a neutral focal point and slightly angling your body.

You weren't used to red carpet shoots but you were positive that tried and true photo technique could work anywhere.

"This is madness," you lean down slightly, whispering in Prince's ear.

"Just smile and pose. If they ask a question just say something stupid. Works every time,"

While you were used to working the runway, red carpets were an avenue that was relatively new to you thanks to your agreement to be your musician boy friend's date to the Soul Train Awards.

You put on another grin as a reporter strolls over to the two of you.

"Y/N, are you excited to be Prince's date for tonight ?"

She places the mic in front of your mouth and you lean down to speak into it.

"I think the question really is is he excited to be my date," you quip.

The reporter chuckles.

"Touche. So what'd ya say, Prince? Excited to have Y/N as your date tonight?"

Your date smirks.

"She's a'ight" he replies playfully.

It's a good thing the two of you were friends, otherwise, you'd take offense to this statement.

"She's your latest muse, huh? We're looking forward to hearing songs about you and Y/N on the next album," she winks.

You smirk, gently grabbing the mic from Prince's direction.

"Actually, I'm starting my own group. Call me Y/N 7,"

You try hard to keep a straight face as the reporter takes the mic away.

"Well, you heard it here at the Soul Train Awards- Y/N L/N is not just a pretty face. She's got talent too,"

Her attention is abruptly turned to the chatter of Whitney Houston's arrival and you hear Prince chuckle once she out of earshot.

"Girl, you gon' get me in trouble with my publicist,"

You giggle.

"You said say something stupid. Wasn't the best advice, huh?"

You pose again as a photographer snaps pictures of your banter. Your smile widens thinking about the ridiculous stories that will come out in the morning. Part of the reason you and Prince were friends was that the both of you had learned to guard yourselves against the crazy world of Hollywood and not take anything too seriously.

While you weren't a musician yourself, you could still relate to being a part of the dysfunctional world of fame.

You were a supermodel, having started out at the tender age of sixteen It had been a dream of yours for as long as you could remember. You'd tape pictures of Twiggy and Jean Shrimpton on your wall as a young girl hoping to see your face on the cover of a magazine.