Anything✨

Dangerous Era

Trigger warning: This imagine contains depictions of drug abuse. If you are sensitive to this topic, please read with discretion. 

You tossed and turned, sleep having yet to find you, despite the fatigue that burned the rims of your eyes. You glanced at your large engagement ring sparking under the light of the lamp and then over at the beautiful man lying beside you. He sleeps deeply and looks peaceful- almost cherubic-but you know his soul is not rested at all.

A few months ago, your fiancé, Michael Jackson had been wrongly accused of horrible acts against a child. The family threatening the charges had been close associates to you both and neither one of you could figure out why they'd so viciously stab you in the back.

You deeply loved Michael and knew he was incapable of such monstrous acts but the press did not care. The betrayal and slander had completely broken Michael apart. The lies had completely disrupted his career and your coming plans for marriage. He simply had not been the same since and you were doing all you could to pick up the pieces.

Your overactive bladder sends you out of bed and to the bathroom. Once you expel yourself, you wash your hands at the sink, eyeing your tired reflection in the mirror. You hadn't noticed the figure hovering behind you.

"Michael," you gasp, pressing a hand to your chest in shock. "You scared me,"

In the dimly lit room, you catch sight of the dark circles under his eyes and wild hair. He looks as if he hasn't slept in months, even though he was just asleep minutes before.

"Y/N" he whimpers. "I thought you left me."

You sigh, shutting the bathroom door, your expression softening. The accusations had stripped him of all sense of security, in turn making him completely emotionally dependent on you. If you weren't by his side for longer than a few minutes, he became irritable.

"Michael, honey, no," you begin as you tie the sash of your robe."I've just gone to the bathroom."

He slinks over to you, his movements are sluggish and uncoordinated.

"Say that you'll never leave me," Michael slurs. "Promise me that you'll never leave me. That you'd never believe all those awful lies about me."

His face is just inches from yours, his usually bright ebony eyes clouded with a strange haze.

"Mike, you're tired," you sigh. "I'm tired. Let's just go back to bed-"

Ignoring your reasoning, Michael swiftly grabs hold of your arms, his fingertips violently dipping into you into your sensitive flesh. At that moment you feel more frightened than before.

"Say it. Say it now!"

You knew deep down in your heart that Michael would never hurt you but his behavior was so erratic lately, you couldn't be sure. You were hardly sure of anything lately except for the fact that the man you knew and loved was just a shell of his former self.

"I would never," you answer softly to hide the trepidation in your voice. "I love you, Michael. If I believed half the things people said about you, I wouldn't be by your side and I wouldn't still want to marry you."

His grip loosens, no trace of the ominous fire in his eyes. You let out a breath of relief.

"Honest?"

"Honest," you swallow deeply. "Now let's get back to bed."

You snake an arm around his waist rubbing soothing circles against his back as you guide him back to the bedroom. You sigh deeply, a strong wave of fatigue and sadness washing over you.