A longer contract | Zhongli x GN!reader

I don't think this sucks so yea
_____________________________

It was the morning after a long expedition you'd gone on, and your limbs were still a bit sore. After begrudgingly getting out of the bed at the hotel you were at, you remembered your meeting with Mr. Zhongli that day, at one of the restaurants in Liyue.
You got up and dressed and grabbed your things before heading downstairs to check out at the front counter. After waving goodbye to the kind hotel staff lady, you were off to go to Liyue Harbor. It wasn't long from Wangshu Inn, but it was going to be worse due to your condition right now.

After a long, painful walk to the Harbor, you sit down on one of the benches, checking the time and realizing you're early. You decide to spend it by gazing at the Xiao lanterns floating in the air, so pretty. You quickly were reminded that you have to go after hearing a "ha ahem" from the corner of you eye.
Zhongli had been standing there for god knows how long waiting for you to notice.
"Oh goodness! I'm sorry, I was a bit distracted"
You quickly apologized for your antics and tried to stutter out an excuse that didn't entirely make sense.
He simply sighed and replied with, "it's fine, no need to be so formal. We are friends, after all."

And smiled at you. You thanked him once again and you both walked to the restaurant.

After being seated at a booth by a beautifully decorated stained glass window, you had placed your orders and were now waiting. The silence was deafening, even for him.

Once the food arrived, he went to explain why he had gathered you here, though you couldn't help but notice something was off about him. His usual formal demeanor had been replaced with a shy anxious one which was quite concerning. "What's wrong? Are you not feeling well sir? Do you have to go home?" You asked, urgently. "Nono, I am fine, rest assured. Just... sigh, one moment please. Also for the love of god, please stop calling me Sir and Mr."
You reached over the table to press your hand up against his forehead, checking his temperature.

He was indeed warm.

This action of yours only made him even more flustered and anxious, he didn't quite get it himself.
"Why must it be so hard to speak these words? They're only words-" he whispered under his breath.
You leaned in, a questioning look on your face before he finally turned to you face on and grasped his cup of tea he ordered.
He spoke, "I think it would be very endearing if we were to enter a longer contract with each other."

"You... wha-? OH-" you spoke after deciphering his words. Now you being the flustered mess, looking like a beached whale on the other side of the booth, he sipped his tea, urgently waiting for a response. "I guess those terms are acceptable.." you smiled at him, taking a sip of your drink too.

"I'm glad to hear it, darling"
________________________________

Ugh I hate it but I love it—
Sorry if Darling sounds too feminine!
I just feel like that's what Zhongli would call his s/o
C r i n g e