4.9 Traitor

I hoped that I could find Cami the easy way and just call her but of course it went straight to voicemail. So now came plan B, trying to figure out where she was with no idea where to begin. Cami wasn't stupid enough to go to her apartment or anywhere Klaus could easily track her down. And I highly doubted that she would leave the city without her dark objects so she was around here somewhere. She knew that we would all be looking for her so she had to find a way to disappear.

The only way she could truly disappear was by the help of a witch. She only knew 2 witches: Davina and Vincent. And since Davina had been shunned by the ancestors, Vincent was the obvious choice. I'm guessing she had Vincent do a cloaking spell on them so we couldn't find him so there went my option of getting a witch to do a locator spell. I didn't like most witches and they didn't like me, and the only other witch besides Vincent that I knew would help was Freya. And I knew that Klaus was probably already using his sister to find Cami so I had to find them the old fashioned way.

I figured the easiest way to find him was to start asking around. I reluctantly went into the witches district where I knew at least one of them had to know where he was. I went into one of the shops that Vincent was always at and broke off the locked handle, going inside the dark store. I couldn't see anyone, but I could hear someone's beating heart somewhere inside.

"I know you're in here!" I called out into the darkness.

The lights switched on and a woman with dark skin and braided hair walked from the back room. "We're closed," she told me, keeping her distance.

"I'm not here to buy anything," I explained. "I'm looking for Vincent."

"Haven't seen him," the woman answered. I could hear her heart skip a beat while she talked, and I smiled at her while walking forward.

"I'm not looking for any trouble. I just need to find Vincent. It's important," I promised.

"If Vincent wanted to be found, he would be," she replied and backed against the counter.

I rolled my eyes and rushed at the woman, pushing her against the counter and putting my forearm against her throat, pressing down. "I really don't want to hurt you but I need to find him. If you won't help me, I'm sure I can find another unlucky witch who will," I hissed at her and looked at the pictures she had of her family on the wall. "Maybe one of them."

"Fine, fine," she said in a shaky voice. "Last I heard, he was meeting someone in the cemetery."

I smiled in satisfaction and stepped back, letting the woman go. "Thank you," I said and reached into my pocket to hand her a $100 bill. "That should cover the door handle I broke."

I left the shop, hearing the witch mutter "Damn Mikaelsons" as I left. I considered texting Klaus that I had found them, but I knew he'd just hunt me down and cause a scene. This was up to me.

An eerie feeling settled over me as I stepped into the graveyard. No good things came out of this place. Monique's pained face as I stabbed her came into mind but it didn't bother me nearly as much anymore. I had been through so much since then that it seemed like just a minor inconvenience.

I assumed that Vincent's cloaking spell included me not being able to hear them so I went to every tomb until I found them. "We're cloaked, for now," I heard Vincent's voice as I stepped inside the large tomb. "But I can sense somebody's searching for you and my guess, it's Freya Mikaelson. I guess that's what happens when you steal the one thing that can kill her entire family."

"Smart man," I spoke up, causing Vincent and Cami to spin around in fear. I held my hands up, "Don't worry, I come in peace. And I'm alone."

"What are you doing here?" Cami demanded.