1.8 Return

1702, Cadiz, Spain

Despite my best efforts, Kol has gone on another rampage in the village, killing everything in sight. The shacks were burned and destroyed and the people became wild as more and more of their brethren ended up dead. Niklaus and I tried to contain our horrendous brother, but he was without sympathy. This was his way of showing out after spending decades with a dagger piercing his heart. The only thing to do was to put him down again.

I stopped reading when I heard a knock on the door and I closed Elijah's diary as the door opened. Klaus stuck his head in, "What are you reading?"

"One of Elijah's journals. This one's about Kol's little rampage in Spain," I answered as he walked in and sat at the end of the bed.

"Ah, Cadiz. Such a quaint little town," he sighed with a smile at the memory. I tried to think of all the horrible things Klaus has done. From what I've heard, Kol's tantrums were nothing compared to Nik's.

"Have you seen Elijah? I woke up and he was gone," I asked.

"Talking to Marcel," he replied with a shrug.

I raised my eyebrows, "About what?" What did Elijah want with Marcel?

"I'll tell you on the way," he explained as he stood up and walked back to the door.

"On the way where?" I asked again.

Klaus rolled his eyes, "All these questions. Just get dressed and meet me outside." He opened the door as was about to leave before he hesitated. "I suggest wearing something warm."

I opened my mouth to ask him another question but he was gone. I sighed and set Elijah's diary on the nightstand as I went over to get dressed. Listening to Nik, I dressed in a pair of dark green jeans, a black tank top, and a black jean jacket with black boots. I really wasn't sure where we were going, but I was trying to trust Klaus and not ask as many questions.

From the compound, we rode an hour into the bayou. I recognized the Crescent camp as we came to a stop and got out. It looked completely deserted. I hadn't been here since the bombing, and a chill ran down my spine thinking about it.

"What are we doing here?" I asked Klaus.

"I thought it was time you finally get acquainted with who you really are," he explained, motioning around him. "Your people need you, Addie."

"They aren't my people," I argued with him. "I haven't triggered the curse. I'm not a werewolf."

"Yes, you are," he shook his head. "You may not be a werewolf yet, but you are part of something special. You're the only one who can bring these people together."

"What about Hayley?" I crossed my arms. "This is her pack, not mine."

He nodded, "Hayley is too distracted by the loss of our daughter to reclaim it. Right now, these people are scared. All of the other werewolves in the quarter are taking orders from the witches. The Crescents are the last ones left. You have to make sure that they don't fall into the wrong hands."

"What makes you think they'll listen to me?" I reminded him. "Not only am I not a werewolf, but I live with your family. And they hate your family."

"I don't think you realize what it means to be an Alpha," Nik sighed as he started walking forward, maneuvering between the destroyed tents. "All werewolves look up to the Alpha pack. They're natural born leaders, werewolf royalty."

I bit my lip, keeping quiet. With everything going on with Hope, I've almost forgot about that part of me. And now, I had to deal with it. I had no idea what I was supposed to do or how I fit into all of this, but part of me felt like I owed it to the werewolves to try.