2.3 Torment

When we got back at to the city, we were all surprised to find Finn and Kol in their witch bodies chained up in the courtyard. Apparently, it was a "present" from Marcel and Hayley. I didn't feel like dealing with the crazy Mikaelson's tonight since I had my fair share in the past day, so I decided to get some sleep while Elijah and Klaus figured out what to do with them.

So when I went downstairs the next morning, I was surprised to see that they were still alive. The four of them were sitting in the dining room while having breakfast. All of their heads snapped in my direction when they heard me walk in, and I moved to stand behind Elijah. I noticed that Finn and Kol still had their chains on, the ones that stopped them from doing magic. That was a good sign.

"Morning, love," Kol smirked at me. "Your new form flatters you quite nicely."

Elijah gripped tightly to the table at his words while I tensed behind him. Klaus noticed the growing tension in the room and got out his seat as he rounded the table. "We've no desire to torture you provided you vow to stand beside us as brothers," he explained to them.

"Brothers," Finn repeated sarcastically. "Does that word even apply to us after all these centuries of betrayal? And is loyalty to you ever really rewarded? If so, tell me Niklaus, where is our sister Rebekah? She was blindly loyal to you for 1,000 years, and now nowhere to be found. Where did our sister go? And how did she escape your vile mechanisms?"

"You think me vile?" Klaus laughed. "Well, what then do you make of the one who cursed us?"

"She was trying to make you mortal again," Finn defended their mother. "That you both refused her only proves how far you've fallen. We see how well that worked for Addie. But I expect Rebekah will have a different response to her proposal. See, unlike the two of you, she always did cling to her humanity."

"Addie and Rebekah are off limits to you," Elijah growled and pointed the knife he was holding at him. "You pursue her and you will suffer."

"Do not let him goad you, Elijah," Klaus spoke up. "Neither he nor Esther will find Rebekah unless she wants to be found, and she does not."

"Esther is quite determined," Finn told them. "She's been searching for Rebekah since the day she returned. I imagine it's only a matter of time."

A beat of silence passed before Elijah suddenly reached across the table and yanked Finn forward. Klaus jumped to his feet and pulled his brother away before he could attack him and forced him to the other side of the room. Finn's eyes were wide as he sunk back into his seat and he and Kol exchanged nervous glances.

"I guess Mommy Dearest did more harm than I thought," Kol commented.

"Shut up," I snapped at him and walked over to where Elijah and Klaus was. I shook my head at Elijah, "What's going on? You normally don't let Finn get to you like this."

Klaus nodded, "I enjoy a good bloodletting as much as anyone but our brothers have power, as well as knowledge of Esther's plans. We need them alive."

"Can you imagine what they would do to Rebekah? To Hope? You already see what's happened to Addie," Elijah pointed out.

"Rebekah has been cloaked by powerful magic. Focus on the task at hand," Klaus reminded him. "We need to persuade our brothers."

"I'm through with persuasion," Elijah demanded and stormed back to the dining room.

Klaus quickly grabbed him before he could get too far and shook his head in disbelief. "Has the Earth shifted on its axis? You needing restraint from me." Klaus was right. I was starting to worry about Elijah. He seemed different ever since his time with Esther.