0.7 Greater Good

The next morning, Cami was still sound asleep so I left her a quick note and decided to go home to take a shower. I kept checking my phone, hoping Elijah or Nik or someone texted me and let me know what was going on with Davina, but there were no new messages. Maybe I should just go over there and see. Yea, that seemed a little pushy, but I was worried about Davina and I wanted to know if she was alright.

I could see the Mikaelson mansion down the block when suddenly the ground started to shake. I stumbled backwards and grabbed onto the nearest building for support as things began to fall off balconies and into the street. People were screaming and running into buildings to hide as the shaking intensified. I heard a window shatter above me and winced, waiting for the glass to rain down on me when I suddenly felt a pair of arms around my waist. I was yanked away just in time and carried across the street, out of harms way. I sighed in relief and turned around to see Rebekah standing behind me with a frown on her face.

"You okay?" She asked, looking at me to see if any of the glass had hit me.

I nodded, "Yea, I'm fine. Thanks." The shaking started to slow until everything returned to normal and everyone came back into the streets, confused as to what just happened. I hadn't been here in a while, but I'm pretty sure New Orleans didn't have earthquakes like this. I glanced at Rebekah, "This is supernatural related, isn't it?" I assumed.

"Why don't we go find out," Rebekah suggested as we walked towards the compound. Inside, Marcel's guys were picking up the overturned furniture and trying to return everything to normal. Rebekah and I walked around them and upstairs to greet Klaus on the stairs, pacing on the balcony. "What the hell is going on?" Rebekah demanded.

"Davina," he grumbled, pointing to the door behind him.

My eyes widened, "What's wrong? Is she okay?"

"Marcel thinks it has something to do with the Harvest," Klaus explained with a shrug.

"I'll go check on her," Rebekah stated and walked past him to go into her room.

"Adelaide?" I heard someone call my name and turned around to see Elijah standing behind me. He looked surprised to see me, and I started feeling guilty again that I had lied to him last night. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to check on Davina," I answered, not meeting his eyes completely.

"Where's Marcel?" Klaus asked him, thankfully interrupting our awkwardness. Elijah motioned into the study behind him, and I followed Klaus as he walked in there. I wanted to see how Davina was doing, but Rebekah seemed pretty determined to talk to her alone and I didn't want to intrude, so I decided to hang out with them. This probably wasn't any of my business, but I couldn't just sit at home while Davina was like this.

"This is madness," Klaus announced as he walked inside and looked at Marcel for an explanation. "How can a 16 year old girl shake the entire French quarter?"

"I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this," Marcel admitted in a distressed voice, probably worried about Davina.

"How did you control her when she was in the attic?" Klaus asked.

"I didn't have to, but then I never killed her boyfriend," Marcel shot back at him.

I shook my head, "Are you serious? You killed Tim?" He was so young and innocent. I don't even know why I was surprised, this was exactly something Klaus would do. He had a sweet side, but his psychotic side was way bigger and called all the shots.

"Yes, yes. We've been over this part already," he rolled his eyes. "The point is, in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches."