2.7 Mend

The next few days passed by quickly and quietly. Elijah continued to teach me how to fight and how to control my cravings so I didn't feel like I was going to rip someone's head off every time I got angry. He taught me how to pull myself back and how to pull myself back whenever I felt myself teetering over the edge. I used Cami's trick and thought of my happy moments with Elijah, which always seemed to calm me down. He was my anchor, my rock.

Cami spent her days trying to heal Elijah's mind through therapy. She asked him to describe the violent events in his life and made the connection that they all had to do with his internal hatred of himself and his parents. It was hard hearing about all the awful things he had done in his life, but I promised I'd be with him through this no matter what. But it didn't push me away knowing all the details. I felt closer to him because I knew who he really was deep down. I knew the Elijah that was kind and selfless and loved his family. I knew my Elijah.

Klaus called about five times a day, asking how Hope was, which was annoying at first but it was cute to think about him caring about such a small little thing. Whenever I teased him about it, he told me he was going to come back up here and rip my tongue, which I knew was an empty threat because I had definitely said worse things in the past that would've warranted that. Besides, I knew he'd never intentionally hurt me. He had his moments, but I knew deep down he was a teddy bear. He was basically my family now. They all were.

I only talked to Hayley once, and in that one time she told me that her and Jackson had to go through some kind of ritual where they told each other all their secrets. She was afraid to tell him that Hope was actually alive because she knew it would be dangerous if he or anyone else knew. I wasn't that close to Jackson, but I trusted him. He was a werewolf, one of my people, and I could tell that his heart was in the right place. I couldn't really describe how I knew it, but Elijah seems to think it's one of my special little Alpha powers.

Last night, Klaus called to tell us that Rebekah had reappeared in her new witch body. Apparently she had been stuck in some kind of insane asylum for witches and Kol was the one who put her there as some kind of prank. And Finn kidnapped Marcel and all his vampires and they were all currently MIA. I tensed at the mention of Marcel's name and instantly thought back to what Esther told me when I was turned. He was the one who killed my parents. I wanted to believe that he was a different person now, but I knew he still hated werewolves. He probably didn't even feel sorry about it.

I planned on confronting him whenever we made it back to the city, whenever that was. I didn't know how long we'd stay here. It was nice, just the three of us spending time together with Hope. It made me long for a family, seeing the way Elijah held her and told her bed time stories as he rocked her back and forth. I tried to push down all the negative feelings I had and tried to focus on the fact that I had these small moments with him. I tried to convince myself that was all I needed.

When I woke up this morning, I had a feeling something was going to happen today. I didn't think being a psychic was part of being an Alpha, but I definitely had a weird feeling. Elijah's phone buzzing me pulled me out of my deep sleep and I reached across his body to answer it. "It's a little early, don't you think?" I groaned.

"Did you know how many things you can get accomplished when you don't spend the entire morning staring at the back of your eyelids?" Nik chirped at me.

"Excuse me for wanting to rest a little after having to deal with your crazy ass family," I rolled my eyes at him and sat up, bringing the sheet with me to cover my bare chest. "Who is it today? Still Finn? Or have Esther and Mikael been resurrected for the hundredth time?"

"It's Freya, actually. Our supposed long lost sister," he corrected me.

My eyebrows shot up and I shook my head, "What? Isn't she as old as you guys and not a vampire? How is she still alive?"