5.6 Creature

"Elijah!"

My eyes reluctantly opened as Elijah stirred beside me. I slightly leaned up to see the door shaking as Kol pounded on it from the other side. "Come back later," I groaned and let my head hit the pillow again.

The door suddenly swung open as Kol stepped inside. I quickly scrambled to cover myself up with the sheet as Elijah and I sat up. Kol diverted his eyes to the window as he began to speak, "Sorry to interrupt but we've got a major problem."

He left without any explanation, thankfully shutting the door behind him. Elijah and I looked at each other in confusion before we both jumped out of bed to get dressed. Elijah wore his usual attire—a suit—while I just grabbed a sweater and some dark jeans. We left the room and followed the sound of voices down the hall into the study where Kol, Davina, and Finn were waiting for us.

"What is it?" Elijah asked in concern, knowing it must have been something bad if Kol and Finn were willingly in the same room.

Kol didn't answer and instead handed Elijah a phone, pressing play. It brought up a video of Vincent.

"Davina, listen. I know we're not on the best of terms, but I need you to listen to me, okay? We're in serious trouble. Now, I'm recording this here because it's free from magic and magic is our enemy. The Ancestors got me on the hook doing some pretty twisted magic, and I want no part of it. But they're forcing me to help Lucien Castle. And if you don't help me, Freya Mikaelson's gonna die. They forced me to take her, then they had me put up a cloaking spell so we can't be tracked. Now Lucien's taking us out of town, some place I don't know where. But there's a loophole..."

Lucien? What did he want with Freya? And why did he need Vincent's and the Ancestor's help? I thought we had finally found some peace after finding the white oak bullet.

Elijah paused the video as Finn shook his head. "Just how am I the loophole?"

"Last year, when Esther first brought us back, I got put in the body of a gormless twit, but you got housed in one of the most powerful witch bodies in the city. Vincent's. And even after all this time, there's still an echo of a body-soul connection between you two," Kol explained.

Elijah sighed as he resumed the video. "And Davina that's where you come into play. I need a powerful witch that's off the Ancestor's radar." Vincent used a knife to cut open his palm and let the blood drain into a vial. "I want you to find the thread between me and Finn."

"Have you ever done anything like this?" Elijah asked Davina as he stopped the video.

"I don't even know if it's possible," Davina shrugged. "But I do have Vincent's blood. If I can take Finn's blood and do the spell right, I should be able to track Vincent down."

Finn shook his head, "I should have sensed something was wrong when Freya didn't call. Now Lucien has a head start." He glanced at Davina. "Go, witch. Tend to your spells. I won't rest until she's found."

Kol scoffed at him, "Behold, the selfless martyr. First he wants to rip Davina's head off for trapping him in his body, now he can't wait to be spelled."

Finn stepped towards his brother but stopped when Elijah cleared his throat and stood up. "Finn, you and I shall go together. Kol, you stay here with Davina."

"You're going with him? So the two people responsible for not destroying the white oak when they had the chance, thus putting us in this bloody mess, and they're off to try and fix it. That's just marvelous. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?" Kol snapped.

"Kol, look at me," Davina pleaded and approached him. "I don't know this magic. I need your help. Come on. Let's go."

Kol reluctantly nodded and followed her out the room. Elijah picked up a letter opener and held it up towards Finn. "Let us begin," he told him.