0.4 Witchy Business

When I reopened my eyes, there was a man staring back at me. I tried to orient myself and remembered that I had been attacked by some crazy ass people. I jumped in fear at the sight of the stranger, but his face turned kind and he outstretched his hand to me. "Are you okay?" He asked gently as he helped me up. All the blood came rushing to my head at once and I swayed to the side, but thankfully he was there to keep me from falling over.

"I'm fine," I lied and looked around. Nik was standing behind him. "How did I know you were involved in this somehow?" I asked him with a bitter taste in my mouth.

The other man turned around, "You two know each other?"

"Quite well," Nik nodded and walked over to me. "And I will have you know that this was not my doing. You know I wouldn't have anyone hurt you." He glanced at the other man, who was dressed in an expensive suit. "Addie, this is my brother Elijah."

"Another Original," I murmured. It was hard to wrap my head around this, but I was mostly trying to make sense of why I was attacked in the kitchen of a bar.

Elijah smirked at me, then walked over to help Sabine up. It was only then that I realized Sophie was gone. "What happened?" Elijah asked her.

"It was Agnes," Sabine answered, holding her head from where she hit it on the table. "Her men took Sophie."

"Day one with you in charge, brother, and already the witch linked to Hayley has been abducted by zealots," Nik chimed in.

Elijah ignored him. "Where is she?"

"If I tell you where Agnes is, you'll just kill her," Sabine shook her head no.

"Is it that obvious?" Nik replied sarcastically.

"Look, I know she's a little cuckoo, but she's our last living elder. That might not mean a lot to you, but it means plenty to us. The elders are the only ones who can do important spells," Sabine explained.

"Like completing the harvest ritual?" Elijah assumed.

Sabine's eyebrows furrowed, "You know about that?"

"Oh, you'd be astounded by the things I know," he smiled small. Wow, he was hot. And he seemed so much nicer than Nik. Why couldn't I meet this brother first?

Nik started to pace, "Allow me to entertain you with today's list of priorities. One, unlink your friend Sophie so she no longer controls the fate of the woman carrying my child. Two, convince my brother to accept my heartfelt apologies for some recently dodgy behavior. And three... there is no three."

Elijah shook his head in discontent. "I believe what my brother is attempting to communicate here is that neither the life of this elder nor your harvest ritual nor your coven's connection to magic are of any relevance to him whatsoever. Now talk."

I had no idea what they were talking about, but it hurt my head even more to try to decipher it so I just tuned it out. "Your nose is bleeding," Elijah realized, drawing my attention back to the real world, and I quickly wiped it away with my sleeve.

"Probably from the concussion she received as a result of Agnes' witches. Just another reason to kill the old bat, if you ask me," Nik smirked, all too happy to kill this "Agnes" woman. I didn't condone violence, but this woman's men knocked me unconscious for no reason, so maybe Nik wasn't crazy after all.

"This doesn't seem to concern me, so I'm just gonna go," I decided and started walking towards the back door to leave. I'm sure Cami would understand why I left early when I explained to her I was attacked by crazy ass men in black hoods.

"You can barely walk, Addie," Nik shook his head. "If you think I'm going to allow you to wander these streets by yourself with a concussion, then you don't know me at all."