✨Chapter 12~Camping Fun✨

The last bell of the day rang, signaling that it was the end of school and the start of summer vacation. Students of True Cross Academy began to flood out of the school to their cars to go home. Well, not all of the students. Rin yawned while he and [Y/n] walked down the stairs.

"Well, looks like I survived the first semester." Rin said with a smile.

"Surprisingly." [Y/n] commented, and Rin pouted.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"Okumura-kun! Fujiwara-san!" Their names were called.

The couple turned to see their other friends coming closer to them. "Oh, Konekomaru."' Rin called.

"Hello." [Y/n] greeted.

"Seems like most of the regular academy students will be heading home for the break." Konekomaru said.

"You guys are all from Kyoto, right? Lucky you! Sound poetic!" Rin said, dreamingly, while [Y/n] nodded.

"I've always wanted to go there." [Y/n] said.

Suguro blushed. "I-I can take you...sometime..." Suguro muttered, and [Y/n]'s face brightened.

"Really? I can't wait!" She said, cheerfully, and smiled.

Rin glared at Suguro. "I'll come, too." He said.

"No way!" Suguro yelled while glaring at Rin.

"I mean, we're not sure if we're going home..." Shima said and noticed Izumo talking to Paku.

The group walked over to them. "You're going home, too, huh? It's gonna be lonely around here." Shima whined to Paku.

"See you next semester." Paku said.

"Take care." Rin said with a smile.

"If you ever feel the urge to hear my voice, you can call me anytime." Shima flirted and tried to give Paku his number. "You're such a moron!" Izumo yelled.

Paku giggled. "Thanks." Paku said and waved goodbye to her friends.

~~~

"I'm sure you're looking forward to a fun summer vacation...At least, that's what I'd normally say. But over the next three days, you Exwires will participate in a field drill disguised as a training camp in the forest. Both myself and Kirigakure-sensei will be leading you on this trip. This drill will help to determine if you're ready to fully participate in missions. Please keep on your toes." Yukio announced while he, Shura, and the Exwires stood at the train station.

"Okay!" They cheered in unison.

After the train ride, the students arrived in the forest. [Y/n] eyes sparkled. "Wow...it's pretty!" [Y/n] cooed while looking around the forest.

"This is kinda like a picnic - I'm getting excited!" Rin cheered.

"Do you think we'll sit around the campfire at night, or do stuff like folk dances?" Shima questioned and chuckled. Then he freaked out when he saw a spider.

"Hey, is Shima...?" Rin questioned.

"The one thing he's never been able to stand is insects." Konekomaru explained while Rin and [Y/n] looked at Shima blankly. The students continued their hike up the trail while a few complained about the heat and the heavy luggage. "This forest is serene during the day, but once the sun sets, it becomes a hotbed of level-level demons. So we'll set up our base before dusk. Let's pick up the pace now." Yukio said.

"Is he hot...?" [Y/n] questioned and looked at Rin, who was running around like a child.

"Ah! So cold! You think it's drinkable? [Y/n], look!" Rin said, cheerfully. [Y/n] giggled a bit.