✨Chapter 7~Brother; Sister✨

Rin glared at Neuhaus while hiding [Y/n] behind him. "You... That guy's...our enemy..." Rin muttered and was suddenly kicked in the back of the head. Rin went flying across the room. "Rin!" [Y/n] called and rushed to his side. 

"M-Mephisto?!" Rin questioned while looking at the school director coming from the ceiling. 

"All right, my young pages. thank you for all your hard work!" Mephisto announced. 

"I-Is that the director?" Suguro questioned. 

"What's going on?" Shima asked. "Of course I would never allow an upper-level demon infiltrate this school!" Mephisto said and snapped his fingers. Exorcists came popping out of nowhere. 

"Huh?" 

"Instructors with Doctor credentials, kindly tend to the wounded." Mephisto ordered. "No way..." Suguro muttered. "Surprise! That's right! This boot camp also happened to serve as your Exwire Authorization Exam!" Mephisto announced. 

"What the..." Rin muttered. 

"While this camp was in session, we tested you thoroughly via strategically placed instructors around the building. I will read their reports and make the final call on whether you passed or failed." Mephisto explained while looking at [Y/n] and Rin that were behind him. 

"Please look forward to the announcement of those results!" Mephisto continued and winked. [Y/n] looked over at the door and saw a familiar blonde-haired man. He looked at her then glared.

~~

"Dammit! Jeez, who would've thought that was a surprise test?" Rin questioned while in the rest of the students were sitting in the infirmary. "We sure got punked good, huh?" Suguro questioned. 

"We should have at least kept the possibility in mind, right?" Shima said. 

"Oh, boy I wonder if I made it..." Konekomaru whined. 

"Hey, it's no use worrying about that now." Suguro said. "Oh, you and Shima will be just fine. Me, on the other hand, I could barely stand up." Konekomaru continued to whine. 

"I'm sure you guys will be okay. Remember how Okumura-sensei kept reminding us, before the exam? An Exwire should have the ability to work well with others in battle..." Izumo said. 

"Hey, you weren't that bad, you know. Those guys just parked their butts on the sidelines the whole time." Suguro said, referring to Nemu and Shura, who was in disguise,"Yo, got something to say for yourselves? Huh?" 

"Shut up, you little brat! What makes you think I'd have anything to you?" Nemu's puppet talked. 

"Wow..." [Y/n] muttered while Suguro glared at the puppet. 

Shiemi groaned and sat up. "What are you all talking about?" She said, sleepily. "We're talking about the exam." Shima said. 

"Most of the credit belongs to you, Moriyama-san. Imagine what might've happened if you hadn't been there...We owe you big time." Suguro said and bowed his head. 

It took Shiemi a moment to realize what was happening. "Huh? N-No, thank you." She said while blushing and bowed. "I think Shiemi-chan will definitely pass." [Y/n] said with a small smile. Shiemi smiled back at her.

There was a sudden knock on the door to the infirmary. The blonde-haired man from earlier walked in along with a blonde female. [Y/n] hid behind Rin. 

"[Y/-" 

Rin noticed [Y/n] balled her fists in his shirt. She was trembling. Rin could see the terrified look on her face. "We're here to check if the wounded are healing." The male said and looked at Rin then saw the small female behind him.