✨Chapter 14~Origin✨

If you hadn't noticed, that little girl is supposed to be you. With different hair color, eye color, and skin tone, of course. Just the hairstyle and clothes are going to be the same.

It was almost a year after the Blue Night, and luckily for the Fujiwara Temple no one was severely injured, but Eno couldn't say the same for a few of her colleagues. It was in the middle of winter, meaning snow was piling up outside and it was close to Christmas, which eight-year-old Yuki and Hiro were excited for. Christmas vacation was the time where Eno and Kiro took a vacation from work to spend time with their children. Eno hummed while in the kitchen making lunch for her family until a servant came in.

"Eno-sama, Father Shiro Fujimoto is here to see you."

Eno nodded and wiped her hand on the dishtowel. "Uncle Shiro! Do you have a present for me?"

"Uncle Shiro! Are spending Christmas with us, again?"

The children bombarded him with questions. Father Fujimoto smiled. "Only if you, little monkeys, were good this year." Shiro said.

Kiro smiled. "Alright, Alright. Let your mother and I have an adult talk with Uncle Shiro." Kiro said, and the children nodded then ran away. The three exorcists sat in the living room while a servant poured some tea. Fujimoto turned serious.

"We have an issue." He said.

"What do you mean?" Eno asked.

"I found a connection to the Blue Night. It has something to do with the spawns of Satan." Fujimoto said.

"The spawn of Satan in Assiah? Is that even possible?" Kiro asked.

"It is if its mother is human. Yuri Egin is pregnant with Satan's child and is due any day now." Fujimoto answered.

"Yuri is?!"

"But, there's another problem." Fujimoto said and held up a picture of a pregnant woman. She had [h/l] [h/c] colored hair and [e/c] colored eyes. She wore a black cloak and was looking around suspiciously. "She is known to be a hardcore Satanic worshiper, and she's planning to offer her unborn child to Satan. We have to kill her and the child. We can't risk another Blue Night." Fujimoto said, and Eno nodded.

"Understood." Eno said with a nod.

~A few days later~

It's been two days after Christmas, and there was no sign of this woman or her child. Kiro, who was a sensitive, kind-hearted man, hated the thought of killing a child. Kiro was pacing in the living room. "Jeez, it's a child. What is Fujimoto thinking?" He continued to complain to Eno.

"I know I don't like it, too, but it has to be done. We were lucky enough not to have many injured at our temple. But, I don't want to risk it coming again." Eno said.

"Momma? Papa?"

They looked to the door the separated the living room from the hallway and saw their two children.

"Yuki? Hiro? What are you two still doing up? It's 11 o'clock." Eno questioned while getting up. They didn't answer her.

"Kirin!" Eno called her servant, and she came in a matter of seconds.

"Yes?"

"Please put Yuki and Hiro back to bed and make sure they don't get up." Eno said.

"Very well." She said and bowed then led the children back to their rooms.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the temple door. ''It must be Fujimoto." Eno said and went to answer it. She slid the door open and saw nothing but snow. Eno looked around then looked down. Her eyes widened when she had seen a frail-looking baby girl, who looked a few days old, was wrapped in a blanket in a basket.