✨Chapter 16~On to Kyoto✨

This is the first episode of the Kyoto Saga!

*~*~Chapter 16-On to Kyoto~*~*

[Y/n] and Rin sat on the roof of their dorm house training with candles. Rin yelled and their flames when shooting at all three candles, lighting them all on fire. 'So pretty' Kilala meow. Their familiars were with them too. "This is useless. I'll never get the hang of this." Rin muttered and wiped the sweat from his forehead. [Y/n] sighed.

"Even if I mastered it, without you, it's no use." [Y/n] said.

"Unbelieve...I don't see any improvement at all." Shura said while climbing up to the roof in her pajamas.

"Shura?" Rin and [Y/n] said.

"Morning." She said with a yawn.

"You found us? We've been training in secret..." Rin muttered.

"I knew you two have been training up here every morning." Shura said.

"Huh? Seriously?" Rin questioned.

"Well, duh. My job is to monitor both of you as a potential threat. Didn't I say not to burn them all? You're supposed to light the two on the ends simultaneously while avoiding the middle. If one of you can't do it, neither of you can. Your flames are connected." Shura explained.

"We know that!" Rin yelled.

Suddenly, Shura phone started to ring. She answered it. "Understood. Let's go you two." Shura said.

"Huh?"' The two demons hummed.

Shura took them with her to investigate a demon-related attack along with Yukio. "I'm Yukio Okumura, Intermediate Exorcist First Class." Yukio said to one of the Exorcists.

"I'm Kirigakure, Senior Exorcist First Class." Shura said, and they were let through.

"And what are they?" The Exorcist asked.

Rin smirked and chuckled. "Rin? [Y/n]? What are you two doing here?" Yukio questioned.

"I'm [Y/n] Fujiwara. Exwire." [Y/n] simply said.

"I'm Rin Okumura, Exorcist Exwire! I'm here to save the day!" Rin said, smugly.

"Aren't they the...you know? Is that a good idea?" The Exorcist asked.

"Law Enforcement Divison's Orders. I can't let them out of my sight. I'll keep a tight rein on him, so you can trust them." Shura said.

"Could someone tell us what happened?" Yukio asked.

"P-Please, allow me-" The Exorcist winced in pain.

"Please, you need to rest."

"Let me explain what happened. I'm Saburota Todo, Senior Exorcist Second Class, and Deep Keep director. This all began when the Left Eye of the Impure King was stolen from where it had been sealed away in the deepest regions of the academy." Todo said.

"The Impure King's..."

"...Left Eye? What the heck's that?" Rin finished Yukio's sentence.

"Stole it? How?" Shura questioned.

"The Deep Keep should be the most densely warded area in the entire school." Yukio said.

"It's unclear how he broke in and stole it. The elite of the Deep Keep, including myself, pursued the man in a gas mask, who we believed to be the thief, in this alley. The man used a boy as a human shield, and then...he took the boy and fled into that building, where he's still holding up." Todo explained and pointed to the building behind them.