✨Chapter 9~Realization✨

[Y/n], Izumo, Rin, and Shima arrived at the beach for their Exwire mission. "Summertime! The ocean!"

"The swimsuits! Let's hit on 'em. Time for a swim, Okumura-kun! Hey, Izumo, [Y/n], get changed, get changed! Hurry and get in your swimsuits! Man, I just love the ocean!" Shima cheered. After being told what their mission was, Shima sulked.

"Why? Why do we have to help with the grilled squid shop, when we're surrounded by voluptuous babes?" Shima complained while sitting in the sand.

"Hey, stop by our shop and have a bite! Our grilled squid is so good, you won't mind selling your soul for a taste!" Rin announced with a smile.

"You really are a good sport, Okumura." Shima said.

"Well, I don't really mind doing this kind of thing. The thing is..." Rin muttered.

"It's a total waste, isn't it?" Shima questioned.

"I don't understand. This squid looks damn good!" Rin said.

"And it smells good!" Kuro said and jumped onto Rin's left shoulder while Kilala jumped on Rin's right. "Hey, Rin, can we have one?" Kuro asked.

"Please..." Kilala begged.

"No, no - they're for sale." Rin said to them. "Are they it? Those Cat Sidhe that become you and [Y/n]'s familiars?" Shima asked. "We brought them 'cause they said this was a mission, but..." Rin muttered.

"Mission, my butt! Some pretext, having us find seaweed for use in demon-warding potions...I'm telling you, this is what we're really here for. And the inn we're staying at...This Ocean House...I hear it's run by the family of Old Sideburn's wife. Jeez, I'm starting to think that Bon and Koneko were the ones who lucked out getting to Tamagawa to hunt for Bariyons." Shima ranted.

Then, he sighed. "Anyway, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you and Fujiwara like a thing?" Shima asked, making Rin turn red.

"N-No! Why-Why would you think that?" Rin said, nervously.

Shima smirked. "Don't try to hide it. It's written all over your face!" He said and laughed. Rin blushed even more.

Shima chuckled. "I'm rooting for you, man." He said.

"What about Suguro?" Rin questioned.

"Bon is too focused on restoring his temple to ever get a girl. Speaking of girls, we need a hot girl selling these, or we aren't selling jack." Shima said.

"Sorry for the wait." [Y/n] said while walking closer to the two boys after changing into her "swimsuit" which was only high-waisted shorts (To cover her tail) and a bikini top with a sunhat on top of her head.

"It's my turn to swim. See ya." Izumo said.

"[Y-Y/n], what are you wearing?!" Rin asked while Shima was still in shock.

"I thought it would be appropriate since we're at a beach." [Y/n] explained then blushed, "I-Is it weird?!"

Shima covered Rin's mouth. "No, no. You look cute." Shima said, and [Y/n] sighed.

"Thank goodness..." [Y/n] muttered and walked behind the grill to help Rin.

"B-Business is slow. You can go swimming if you want to." Rin stuttered while trying to avoid looking at [Y/n]'s body. [Y/n] shook her head, and Kilala jumped on her shoulder.

"I don't mind helping with the squid. I cannot swim, anyway." [Y/n] said.

Rin noticed [Y/n] take a step further from him. Over the past couple of days, [Y/n] has been very distant towards Rin. She hasn't been coming to his room as often, doesn't talk to him as often not even in class. It made Rin a bit sad.