✨Chapter 2~New Friend✨

It didn't take [Y/n] long to get used to the high school and cram school life. She opened up a little bit to Rin and Yukio while living in the dorm with them in those couple of days.

It may not have been what they wanted, but her starting casual conversations at dinner was a step up. They were mostly curious about what was behind her eye patch. Anyway, [Y/n] would even hang out with them in their room often or silently sit there while Rin or Yukio wants to rant about each other. Like siblings do.

It was currently the weekend, and the exorcists-in-training had nothing to do. "H-How could this happen..." Rin cried while reading a manga. [Y/n] was on the wooden floor reading manga as well in her pajamas with her black tail wrapped around the next one she'd read. Yukio took the book from Rin.

"Hey! Give that back, damn it!" Rin yelled.

"Don't soak my manga with your weird fluids. What about your studies? Have you even looked at the materials I gave you two yesterday?" Yukio said, and [Y/n] nodded while rolling on her back.

"Oh, I gave them a look! I gave them a look, all right! What's with this 'for kids' crap?" Rin yelled and slammed his hand on the stack of books, "You better stop treating me like a moron or something."

"I'm not treating you like a moron. Though, I do think you are one." Yukio said, and Rin glared.

"You little four-eyed tool." Rin growled.

"I thought it might be easier for you to start with something like this." Yukio said and pushed up his glasses. [Y/n] just silently watched the scene from her place on the floor, viewing the world from an upside-down viewpoint.

"Do you think I'm the type who can sit at a desk all day and freakin' study?" Rin asked.

"Not by a long shot...But you want to become an exorcist, don't you?" Yukio asked.

"Well...yeah." Rin said.

"Then you need to take advantage of these days off. At least hit the books and prep for class." Yukio said while walking over to his closet. He took his exorcist uniform from the hanger.

"Hey, are you going out?" Rin said, making [Y/n] sit up out of curiosity. "A request came in. I'm also going supply shopping. I don't think I'll be that long." Yukio said.

[Y/n] softly spoke. "An exorcism?" She asked.

"Yes," Yukio answered.

"The let me go with you!" Rin cheered. "Me too." [Y/n] said.

"What?"

"We'll learn a lot more watching up close than I ever will from a book," Rin said while wagging his tail.

"But, you both are still just pages. Trainees aren't allowed into the field." Yukio said.

"Oh, don't give me that! We already field-tested, remember? Who needs anyone's stinkin' permission?" Rin protested.

"You have a point...All right, as long as you two are only observing." Yukio said, And Rin smiled.

"That's what I like to hear," Rin said while [Y/n] rushed out of the room to go change. She changed into her uniform top with shorts and topped it off with her mother's white cloak. After grabbing her sword, [Y/n] rushed back to the brothers' room.

"Ready." She said in a monotone.

"Just remember, you both have to do what I say, no matter what. Don't act on your own, ever." Yukio said.

"I hear you, Yuko. Loud and clear!" Rin said while [Y/n] nodded.

Yukio showed them a key. "This is the 'Supply Shop Key.' It's one of the keys that only qualified exorcists are given." Yukio explained.