✨Chapter 8~Kilala✨

It was a hot, summer Sunday. [Y/n] was laying the floor in Rin and Yukio's room in a tank top and pajama shorts. [Y/n] held a paper fan in her tail to fan herself while doing homework. Due to [Y/n]'s hair getting longer, she had to pin her bangs back with a little bow clip, which Rin thought was cute. The door to the room opened, and Rin walked in.

"Welcome back." Yukio greeted.

"Everything was sold out at the shop there, so I had to go to the other side." Rin said and placed two popsicles in front of [Y/n] then sat at his desk.

"Jeez, I can't believe how hot this room is. It's a school for rich kids - at least give us AC. Right?" Rin questioned.

"This place is really old, so it can't be helped. Anyway, it's not like you and I grew up with air conditioning, so having a fan should be sufficient." Yukio said.

"But you know..."

"Never mind that, Rin - where's my mineral water?" Yukio asked.

"Huh? Oh, crap, I forgot. You know how easy it is to overlook water. It being transparent..." Rin rambled while Yukio gave him an unamused look. "Hey! Wanna have some of my Ice Candy?" Rin asked.

"You got yourself four of those things. Never mind, I'll go get it myself later on." Yukio said.

"Jeez, what's your problem?" Rin muttered. [Y/n] opened one of her popsicles and took a bite.

Then, it was silent with only the fan quietly humming while rotating around the room. Rin sighed. "What a drag, having to spend Sunday afternoon on assignments and homework. After all, I went through to make it to Exwire...This is no different from being a page. And according to this, Exwire's just a bottom-feeder." Rin complained while holding a chart with the levels of exorcists on it. "So where are you on this thing?" He asked Yukio.

"Intermediate Exorcist. First Class." Yukio said, and Rin looked.

"That's it? So you're no hotshot either." Rin said with a smile.

"I don't want to hear that from you." Yukio muttered.

"Jeez. What the hell does it take to make it to this Paladin thing at the very top? Man, I can't wait to go on missions and get real hands-on experience!" Rin continued.

Yukio put his pencil down and sighed, "The rank of Paladin is only awarded to a single exorcist. They don't give it to just anyone, you know. And in the first place, we're not sending you on any missions for the time being." Yukio said.

"Huh?"

"You're always disregarding orders and acting like a loose cannon. Not to mention that you can't even run simple errands at your age. Can you blame us?" Yukio explained.

"I said I was sorry!" Rin whined.

"It's not only that. The way you fight- You rely too much on Satan's power. You should be too quick to reach for your sword...and never mind how fast you heal, you need to stop using yourself as a shield when you're out of options. If you don't stop with those antics...Satan's power will consume you completely." Yukio said.

"Wh-What the hell? Who gives a damn, everyone was saved, right? Don't lecture me like that old fart! You forgetting that you nearly got wasted, too." Rin argued.

"I'm saying this to help you out, Rin! I'm speaking for Dad. I can just see him turning over in his grave right now, over you!" Yukio argued back.

"Huh! Like that old fart would be that sensitive." Rin said.

"Calling him an 'Old Fart' ...how long are you going to act like a rebellious teenager? Isn't it time you grew up?" Yukio questioned.

Rin stood up. "How about you? How long are you going to act like a bigshot grownup? Just 'cause you're a smartypants, don't get carried away cause Shiemi's crushing on you!" Rin yelled.