✨Chapter 6~Conflict✨

[Y/n] woke up the next morning and opened her room door to see Soushi. "Good morning, [Y/n]-sama! I'm looking forward to another day with you." Soushi said with a bright smile while wagging his tail. "Good morning." [Y/n] was back to her blank, monotone self. Soushi's tail dropped and his ears fell. 

He dropped to his hands and knees. "What kind of a familiar, am I? I cannot even make my lady and mistress smile. Maybe, I should just roll over and die!" Soushi cried. [Y/n] panicked a bit. 

"I-It's okay. Look, look, I'm smiling." [Y/n] said and forced a smile. 

Soushi looked up and smiled. "You're adorable. May I take a picture to commemorate this moment?" Soushi asked while holding his phone up. 'Where did he get that?' [Y/n] thought. "Maybe later. Is Tomoe making breakfast?" She asked, and Soushi nodded. [Y/n] walked with her Familiar through the hall. She could see Rin and Izumo talking to each other at the sink in the middle of the hall. 

Rin said something to make Izumo blush. It stung [Y/n]'s heart. "Do you love him?" Soushi asked, noticing [Y/n]'s stare, and [Y/n] blushed. "N-No! I mean...I guess we're friends." [Y/n] mumbled while looking down at her feet. 

"[Y/n]-sama..." Soushi pulled [Y/n] into a big squeeze. 

"You are utterly adorable!!" Soushi cooed. 

Suddenly, he was kicked by Tomoe. "I told you to bring her downstairs, not suffocate her!" Tomoe yelled. 

"Fujiwara-san..." [Y/n] turned to Izumo. Izumo handed [Y/n] her cloak. It was all clean. "I-I only washed it because it was dirty! Don't get the wrong idea. If you hadn't come, who knows would have become of Paku and me...I'm grateful for that at least." Izumo said, and [Y/n] smiled. 

"I'm just glad...that you're okay." [Y/n] said in a gentle tone.

~~At School~~

"The majority of demons have lethal passages known as Fatal Verses. Specific words or phrases that will unfailingly cause their death. Arias are the professionals who are able to identify and recite these Fatal Verses! Now then, would someone recite the passage I assigned for homework?" The teacher asked and looked at Izumo. 

"Kamiki-san? Kamiki-san, is something the matter?' The teacher asked. 

"I-I'm sorry. U-Um..." "It's Te Deum, dear, from where we left off." The teacher said. 

"R-Right! Day by day we bless Thee. And we praise Thy name...Praise thy name forever, and world...And the world..." Izumo said and stopped. 

"What's wrong, dear?" The teacher asked. 

"Uh...um...I don't remember." Izumo said. 

"Oh, my...Kamiki-san, I must say this isn't like you. All right then, Suguro-san, will you take over?" The teacher asked. 

"Day by day we bless Thee. And we praise Thy name forever: and world without end. Vouchsafe, O Lord, this day: to keep us without sin. Have mercy on us, O Lord: have mercy on us. Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us: as we have hoped in Thee. O Lord, in Thee have I hoped: let me never be confounded." Suguro recited, leaving all of his classmates impressed. 

"That was perfect, Suguro-san!" The teacher said, and Rin, Shiemi, and [Y/n] clapped for him. After the bell rang, the teacher left. 

"That was incredible!" Shiemi said. "Easy now, don't fall for me." Suguro said. "Hey, so you really are smart." Rin said in shock. 

"What do you mean, really?" Suguro questioned while glaring at Rin. 

"It's not that Bon's smart...he's just very good at memorizing things." Konekomaru explained. "In other words, Konekomaru, I'm smart, right?" Suguro growled.