Chapter 16: |Actually Pretty Dense|

"What!?!? How atrocious! Sending in Mr Lockwood is alright. But, how can you allow this mere lady there, Kuro...? Are you insane?"

His voice deliberately attracted much attention. And, since he has the ideal image of a non-chalant looking prince who rarely does something unusual on this camp, that was granted.

Kuro who hadn't even granted me the permission yet, twitched his eye.

"Your majesty.. Weren't you busy taking care of the wounded people? When did you even have the time to over hear us..?"

He commented looking a bit pissed.

"More-ever, I will certainly not allow this!"

Zeno simply ignored him and declared boldly, much to everyone's irritation.

Zeno-kun...

He's acting unreasonable again..

"Y-Your majesty.." Merida suddenly interrupted. "You might not know it.. But, Rottenstein is one of the most strongest mages among us. So, there is no problem sending her.."

She explained him walking forward and for a moment, I blinked my eyes. I was kinda surprised she was actually talking good about me. But then.

"Besides, with how she is, people, cannot even consider her into the category of women..!"

Merida said brimming with a smile and all the praises I had for her diminished immediately..

This Merida.. She really never misses an oppourtunity to mock me..

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth.

"Hmm.. That is true.."

Much to my own horror. Zeno mussed a reply seriously thinking about it.

'Zeno! Not you too!!'

I glared at him.

However he then cleared his throat and repeated again.

"But, she is still a young women who had barely crossed her 20s. You can't possibly send her out there alone...! It is way too dangerous..!"

He snapped again in a more louder voice before taking a peek at the currently annoyed Bluebeard.

My eyes finally rolled up in understanding.

Aha...

I do not think sending me there is the problem.

It is the person I am being sent with, that's the real problem.

I thought looking at Bluebeard who shared my look.

Bluebeard then, smiled at Zeno professionally after sighing deeply.

"You certainly do not need to worry about her, Your majesty.. I will bring this certain young lady to safety. And, We'll be back soon in a blink of an eye.. if you just allow us..alright? Come on, Rotten. Let's go."

He said grabbing my palm on the one side and pulled me towards him in flow of habit half way.

Zeno's eyes widened in utter shock as though the entire world has wreaked before him and in reflex he abruptly pulled my other arm biting his lips.

"Wh-What..What? What..!?? She must definately not go there with you.. I will never give you the permission..!"

He said pressing my wrist with gritting teeth trying hard to not let his own professional smile flatter.

The infernal atmosphere we had experienced last night abruptly entered the camp once again.

It's funny, I can even see blue and golden lightning like sparks fly on the background..