Chapter 2: |Teacher, I Want A Pass! |

Didn't I just say people were slowly starting to accept me ...?

Scratch that.

Because the events that happened next was seriously not how it would look like.

_______

As the train wheel rolled inside the railway station smoothly, we began packing our things to leave the train.

It was the break of dawn by the time we reached our destination. But, thanks to yesterday's good night sleep in the train quarters, I forgot all about my weariness along with my high spirits.

I stretched my arms high towards the sky after jumping down the stairs. The light bump on my feet due to my sneakers excited me. And, I then took a long breath before looking around our destination.

Since, it was morning the weather was beautiful, pleasent and equally lukewarm. Under the vast blue sky there were many, (I repeat) many hills all around us, just the land was famed for. As a matter of fact, it seemed like the entire village we were gonna visit for our school rental hotel, as whole was covered by forest mountains on all four corners.

Actually, It was an understatement to call, Town Fairytale(named after the kingdom), my hometown as a city rich in vegetation, because if one were to see this sight they would clear have their doubts.

I was calmly enjoying the cold breeze hit my face, breathed in the freshness of the atmosphere and hear the squeals of the multiple carriages that would soon take us all to our temporary residences when, a certain exceptionally angry face broke my momentary peace.

A pink paper chit with the number 103 soon fluttered before my closed eyes like a feather.

"Seriously... You are that number 103... Ha...! Unbelievable!"

I slowly opened my eyes. Only to see the image of an extremely familiar looking curly haired red head staring straight at me with an extremely frustrated expression.

"Merida.. Dunborch..?"

I blinked at the girl who stood before me huffing and puffing in fury.

Alice was standing right beside her with her own pink chit, that held the number 104 with a similar expression. Though she looked more calmer than the irked Merida.

Our team numbers come right after each other. And, since we belong to the same section of the Foxes class, the two of us already knew we were teamed up together, long back even before the Hunting Tournament season.

But, apparently Merida seemed to have been completely ignorant to this. She belonged to the Silver Lions, a house that was literally several blocks away from the Crimson Foxes building, as whole and had no link to us in any manner, other than few rare science lab classes.

But..

Ha...

It's funny.

After the experience of witnessing how no-one wanted to fight with me except Robinhood at the 'Who's The Best?' Tornament and the day I heard how Alice had practically sobbed for being put together with me, I wasn't surprised at all.