Chapter 4: |The Smiling Iracebeth|

"I am not used to have people who listen to my opinions.. I knew, you were in the wrong, but didn't dare to correct you in fear that my words would be rejected like always... And, I even have this.. "

She then took a colorful paper of what seemed like a detailed map..(something that would have been very useful if given before) and showed it to us.

"A map of the forest.. In..case you two plan on abandoning me and I would still be unaffected by it. I was already prepared for that because of my uselessness."

She squeaked something we had never thought about her even if she couldn't hunt.

After this, Alice pointed another slip attached to the map.

"And, this is something I had worked up all night.. To find out the location of the animals that lived here.."

The paper had a detailed sketch of the animals we could find in each part of the mountain. And, it was only then did we discover that, we were actually searching for the wrong animals...in the wrong destination.. All along..

That was the real reason we failed so much.

"This is actually very.. very useful.. If we had only used it before.."

Merida commented examining it.

"And, this is actually handmade.. You are so amazing, Lindell. You've got talent.."

I praised her.

Alice abruptly snatched away all her things from us with flushed cheeks.

"S-Shut up. It's not like that. Besides, I am going on my way, anyways.. "

Our faces shifted again.

"I get it ..that you are mad. But, There's still time. Now, that you know this, you can hunt.. your best and score marks without me... I-It was nice meeting you two.."

Alice said with a forced smile

"Have fun."

She said attempting to walk away when Merida suddenly grabbed Alice's hand out in the blue.

"No.. It's unfair, Lindell.. You are leaving us..? Just like that..? How could you?"

She said looking very angry.

But, soon her scowl turned into a mischievous smirk as she looked at me.

Surprisingly, like how I understood her during the time we played basketball back then, I immediately responded Merida in agreement.

"Yes! She's right!.. You must take responsibilty for your actions and get properly punished by sticking with us, Lindell ..."

I sang putting my arm around Alice's shoulder like a friendly pal.

Alice was startled by my sudden gesture. But, I was more surprised by how she didn't seem to think of actually shaking it off, as of now.

"Y-You are okay.. being with.. me..?"

She looked extremely confused and alarmed.

Merida flashed an awkward smile.

"Yea.. I might be complaining that, I do not like you two. But, you are not the worst... I mean,.. I must be with you to the end, right..?"

"Yes.."

I muttered something that seemed like a 'revelation' even to me.

So..does this mean.. Merida Dunborch doesn't actually ...'hate' me ....?