Chapter 42: |Summer Tournaments (1)|

It was a busy morning.

I mean, waking up early in the morning, getting dressed and heading straight to the field where a thousand other students were already waiting for the event is not how you want to start the day.

Sure, everything was tiring. But, looking at the faces of the excited students around me, the atmosphere and the fluttering flags that were in the colors of the students belonging to the four important houses all lined up according to their houses in white-gold, white-blue white-green and my own white-red was as fascinating as ever.

Beyond the lines of students in uniform was a big thick crowd eager for entertainment. Many stalls were set up for this week. The entire town was in a celebration since, of course today was "April 12."

April 12.

When I was young there was this one day when the entire city of Fairytale was filled with the air of festive and celebration. It is said that's the month the goddess of fortune blessed Fairytale. So the people of our kingdom celebrate it every year with fireworks, sweets, fairs, decoration, lanterns and...tournaments.

Yup. Tournaments. I never knew about this before though. Only after I had come to Fairytale Academy did I realise that these matches that are widely called as tournaments by the outsiders are actually the Summer exam, the final exam of my first year in the Academy.

Looking at this close affinity of the academy and this great festival that happens on the infamous day, I can now understand why Mary boasts so much about the place I study in. 

There has been three exams that I have attended after coming here.

The first were the 'Who's the best' tournaments, where I stupendously overpowered Robinhood on an one-on-one match and got bullied by the rest of the foxes for a long time. The second were the Spring exams in the Enchanted Forest where we uncovered the secrets of Cave of Amoura in another portal with Zenon and his soldiers and saved the missing students.

Now, coming to the third exams of the year was today! The long awaited exams of the year.

It is evident to know how special they are by the special week its held on because not only will we be transported to an artificial Hellenic world by powerful magicians to give an ethereal feeling to the event, but also.. the powerful people of the country like the King Charming, the Queen, the Two Charming Princes and The four Captains will all be present to watch the Summar tournaments.

I look at the empty seats on the stage in wonder.

"Oh I am soo excited for all this! What do you say, Anastasia!?" Merida who happened to be beside me couldn't stop harping.

"Yes.. But.." I asked at her for the nth time. "Why are you here again? Aren't we supposed to stand with our houses?"

"Yes! Yes! I Know. But!" She abruptly pulled Alice who happened to be standing beside us and grabbed her arm. "I-I was just with Alice and-and! The view over here is great compared to my place with the Silver Foxes!"

Alice sneered at her then rolled her eyes. 'Whatever..' She seemed to say. Her eyes then clashed with mine. The two of us immediately grew awkward. Alice then walked forward to speak with another friend.

Oh. Yeah I forgot to mention.

While Merida resumed acting clingy and nosy to me after the trip to the Forbidden land with Farala and Zeno as Sir Nozen, Alice and I were still on non speaking terms.

"Tsk. Tsk." Merida clicked her tongue as she watched Alice go. "Ugh..how many times do I keep telling her.. It is not that hard to make the first step.."