Chapter 27: |A Brittle And One-Sided Friendship|

People say time passes fast when you enjoy it. But, if you were sitting on a closed room filled with yellow sunlight through the large glass window and a big scary lady with long black hat and luxurious diamond and feather designed black hood for a serious interrogation it is seriously not.

Principal Mal had already talked with the others and they are now waiting for me to come out.

But, fortunately or unfortunately after what happened today I knew, it was obvious this would happen.

"Do you know why you are here Anastasia..?"

I cannot believe I have to be sent here again.

Usually as an auntie who was my mother's friend Maleficent wasn't really a scary woman. But, since I have almost always been summoned her as a culprit for some mischief, it's like she becomes one.

"B-Because.. I caused trouble on the cafeteria again..?" I said with drooped head and shoulders doubtfully.

"No.. It's because you got caught up in a scandal that even I cannot handel. Do you know how difficult it was for me this week to chase away those reporters..? Getting bullied on the same issue is something that is something inevitable especially for people like us."

Principal Maleficent told me with a grave look.

I clenched my fists.

Yes, I know..

"Then, why the hell should you be so careless, Anastasia..? You know, it is a crazy world out there. Every single thing we do are constantly judged and commented as an evil because of our Fairytale characters, off or on the book. I am not saying it is bad enough to have crushes and chase cute boys. But, being in a relationship with them..? That's just too much!... Falling in love is a luxury we cannot afford.."

Yes, I know..

I kept numb as Lady Maleficent kept stating all the things I already knew.

I didn't dare look at her.

The irony of all this is..

I am not in a relationship with Zeno and that poor boy doesn't even know that I like him back.

But, still why must I go through all this just because I was born as a villainess..

"There is no other choice other than this.. Anastasia.. You must break up with the Second Prince and stay away from him for your own good.." She said the expected in a determined tone

I smiled lightly.

We were never anything in the first place for me to break up.

"Y-Yes.. Auntie.." I told her softly.

She then looked at the window. Merida was pacing up and down on the floor. I suspect Alice and Iracebeth were probably sitting on the chairs with us.

Someone suddenly came and called them. The three then left with frowned face with Merida cursing loudly.

..And, those people are the ones who had to get involved with me for their own misery.

"Are they your friends, Anastasia..?" Principal Mal asked me.

I quickly looked at them and shook my arms almost immediately.

"A-Ah. No..! No way.. How could I..? T-They are the protagonists, Auntie Mal..? I don't dare to be friends with them.. And, besides, it's the other villainess I have been trying to get close to... I know she would be like you Auntie. A fellow villainess is the only other person who understands me well.."