Chapter 32:|Iracebeth's Unexpected Family|

It was late at night, when I finally took a bath and let my red hair hang lose over my shoulder.

The slum kids arranged a small bed for us to lie on. The bed was however nothing but a bunch of few torn blankets gathered on one corner of the wooden floor. It looked so bad that I knew it would hardly keep us warm tonight.

But, since this was the best these kids could do for us, I feel more than grateful for their attempts. Besides there were more other important stuff to think about anyway.

My fingers gradually twirl around the tap. The beads of pouring water stopped instantly followed by a still calmness.

I looked at the dirty mirror above the wash basin with my mouth still holding the toothbrush and recalled the earlier incident that happened during dinner.

.

.

.

No one spoke for a while when Iracebeth served us dinner. But, it wasn't a silent atmosphere of course since the children were too noisy goofing around the floor.

We watched as Iracebeth split the bread loafs into equal pieces and distributed one to each kid. She then approached us on and did the same according to Emily's request.

"Aaaah ehk."

Emily, the little one who sat between me and Merida took a big bite and grinned in delight.

"Hmm...Delicious!.. Thankyou Red-onee chan!"

Iracebeth's lips smiled at Emily.

But, when she noticed the utterly stunned expressions of both Merida and I she looked away almost immediately and turned awkward again.

That...

Gentle..

Kind..

and lovely.. Onee-san was...

... Iracebeth Red Crimms..?!!?!..

Even if Iracebeth was my friend she was the most coldest person I have ever seen who was incapable of showing a sincere smile.

So.. T-This had to be a mistake right..?

Iracebeth cleared her throat.

"W-What business do you have here..?"

"They are gonna get rid of the mean alien, onee-san..! You said they are very powerful."

Emily burst the reply.

Iracebeth looked at us again.

"I.. can see that.."

She mumbled looking at us. By her gaze it was obvious she was judging each one us by our individual mana composition.

Luckily though, from the looks of it, it seemed like she hadn't figured out who Farala-san and Zeno were just yet as they introduced themselves with their fake alies.

Iracebeth then said quickly.

"I really appreciate your help. But, it isn't needed. The kids are fine managing the household on their own. I do not want any outsiders bothering them.."

Merida who was already on bad terms with Iracebeth and Zeno who personally cared about the slums for so long were instantly pissed off by her languid snotty tone.

"I can see how well they were doing by the looks of this household! If that's the case who are you..? Aren't you an outsider too!"

Merida snapped.