00 | 外側

Outside

──── ────

All that could be heard near the house were the squeals of children as they ran around playing with each other.

Everyone was so kind to each other. They had no difficulty getting along with anyone. They could always go up to each other whenever they needed help with anything.

Except you.

You stared at your siblings, not knowing how to approach any of them. You hugged the small plushie that mama had gave you. You named him Owl.

"What are you still doing here, my dear [Y/N]?" You heard mamas sweet voice as she placed a hand on top of your head, leaning over you.

You looked up at her, not knowing what to say so, you turned away from her and looked at the children once again.

Isabella glanced outside and chuckled softly, seeming to figure out what was bothering the shy girl. She pat your head gently before she walked away for a few minutes and returned with one of the older children.

The older boy knelt down next to you, "do you wanna play with us?" He asked softly, grinning at you.

You looked at him before nodding a little, the boys face lit up and he grabbed your hand, taking you outside where everyone was gathered.

"By the way, I'm Yuuto."

"[Y/N]" you responded quietly.

"Okay, everyone, [Y/N] is going to join us today!" He told them once everyone had gathered around him. The children cheered and ran up to you.

"Hello!"

"So nice to see you play with us today!"

You were a little overwhelmed with the amount of attention on you but luckily Yuuto told them to give you some space.

"So, Himari will be the seeker." Yuuto pointed at a small girl with short blonde hair. She nodded. "And Ichiko can help her." He said pointing at another girl, who you knew was the eldest.

You followed Yuuto till you reached the forest and split up with him.

Even though you never played this game before, the objective was to hide. And you could hide with no problem. You always spent most of your time in the forest, exploring and running around.

You stopped at the fence. The same fence Mama always told all of you to stay away from because 'it was protecting us from monsters'. But you couldn't help wonder- 'why would there be monsters here?'

"Never go beyond the fence." You murmured. "There's no monsters."

You jumped over to the other side. You've been beyond the fence and there wasn't anything there. At least, not how far you had explored- which made you believe there was nothing out there.

You ran through the forest till you heard children talking. You stopped and listened. They were coming from ahead, you carefully walked towards the sound.