21 | 敵

enemies

hello thank you for like 1K votes and stuff you guys are great <3

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

october 2047

"So you not only found clues, but a method to be able to get in!?" Lani asked.

Emma nodded, "Yup! And it's thank to you all." She said as your family cheered loudly. "This past year, everyone has done their duty so well." She smiled.

"Only two months left, which means we can make it in time!"

That night you were looking at your weapons, none of you used what Peter gave you anymore and relied on less obvious weapons of choice.

Your hand slid past something hard, it wasn't following the pattern on the case of the katana. You froze. 'What?' You looked at the spot that didn't feel the same.

"Hey, Charlie?" You called.

"What's up?" She replied, looking at you from her book. "Get me an arrow." You requested, holding your hand out.

As soon as Charlie handed it to you, you started picking at the spot. The paint that covered the protective case of the weapon chipped away and revealed a device.

"The hell is that?" Charlie asked leaning down to look at it.

Your breath caught at your throat. You threw away the weapon and ran to where Emma was. "Emma!"

She looked up at you in concern along with your siblings. "What's wrong?"

"We need to run. Now." You said.

"What!? What's wrong?" Yuuto gasped.

"The weapons Peter gave has tracking devices on them!" Charlie yelled running past you to check on the monitors, but then Pepe burst out.

"Everyone run away now!" He yelled, "The enemy is attacking!"

Suddenly, there was a loud explosion. Most likely the entrance being forced open. All of you ran into the weapon room.

"Is everyone alright?" Emma asked, "Is everybody here?"

"I just counted, out of the 65 of us with the exception of Rossi and Lucas, everybody is in here safe." Gilda informed.

"If only i checked on the weapons before we even got inside. It completely slipped my mind that the two trackers inside us weren't going to be it." You cursed. "I'm sorry, Emma. If i had been more careful..."

"It's not your fault." Ray interrupted. "Even if you had discarded those weapons they still would have found us somehow."

"What do you mean by two tracking devices?" Nat asked.

"Lambda elites, a.k.a us, have another tracking device inserted into the back of our necks." Irwin explained. "But with the device Ray had made which [Y/N] replicated, we were able to disable it safely."

"Elites are definitely not what we're supposed to be called." Charlie huffed.

"We have to leave this place behind." You murmured. "There's no way we can come back to this."

"Our home.." The children said sadly, this made guilt rise to your heart even more.

All of you prepared to leave the room, Charlie handed you a gun and a dagger she helped you hide.

"We've lost our home, this is a serious blow. But if we're still alive, we'll manage somehow! No matter what it takes. So long as we're alive." Emma said. "It's okay, let's quickly calm down and get out of here."

You were almost out. So close to leaving and escaping safely when suddenly, Andrew hung down from the exit, shot two of the children ahead and aimed at Cristy.

Luckily, Emma was able to protect Cristy from getting a serious injury.

"Can you hear me, dear cattle children?" Andrew said. "My name is Andrew. And i've come to kill you all."

"A shame, did you think you could get away from us, dear elites? You're all going to be executed for your betrayal." You furrowed your brows at his words. "It's useless to hide."

You quietly worked on Cristy's wound, you felt nauseous. 'They were living just now... but now...' You rapidly blinked away your tears.

'Would it have been better to give myself up? Emma and the others wouldn't have lost their home if it wasn't for me.' These were the thoughts that were eating you up.

You didn't even hear Emma yell out how she was going to just forge a new promise.

You only snapped back to reality when the door in front of you slid down. Probably trapping you all inside.

Yuuto sat beside you, rubbing your back. "You still act the same when you feel guilty." He mentions.

You looked up at him in confusion, leading him to laugh quietly. "You go all quiet and zone out. Like Ray said, it really is not your fault. None of us noticed nor assumed it would happen." He ruffled your hair. "And if you want to make up for your slip up, why don't you help Emma make a plan?"

"And mess up again?" You frowned.

"This way!" Yuugo called out, you and Yuuto followed behind the group quickly. After what felt like a few hours of running, you finally made it outside.

The children noticed Lucas and ran to him. "Lucas!"

"Is everyone here?" Yuugo asked. When he got a nod, he continued. "Then you all run away, right this second."

"Huh!? What about you?" The children asked.

"Lucas and I will come with you later. It's our duty to make sure the remaining 6 men don't follow you." Yuugo said. "Children like you shouldn't carry the burden of this."

You suddenly realised what he was hinting at and ran to Yuugo, hugging him tightly. "No don't go..!" You croaked, tears freely falling down your face.

Yuugo knelt down to return the hug, it was warm and full of love. "You worry too much, you brat."

Yuuto wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you back suddenly, swinging you over his shoulder and running after the other while you cried loudly. "No! No I don't want to leave dad!"

You honestly didn't mean to let it slip out, ever since you lived with Yuugo you started seeing him more and more as a father and tried your best to not call him such things in case you made it awkward.

Yuugo smiled sadly, hearing you call him 'dad'. He was definitely going to miss you.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙