05 | リスクを取る

taking risks

──── ────

You listened to Norman and Rays conversation from outside of the door.

"What are you saying, Norman? What's wrong?" You heard Ray ask.

"You already know by now, right? I set a trap for three people. To Don, I said the rope was under my bed. To Gilda, I said the second floor bathroom ceiling. That's what I told you, Ray. But actually, I told Don it was in the dining hall, and told Gilda it was in the library. Then, the rope under my bed disappeared. Then what about the other two locations? Should we go check them now?"

It was silent for a few seconds until you heard Ray start laughing. "Dang. And I thought I was doing so well. That's right. I am Mama's spy."

You had heard all that you needed to know so, you spun around and walked away. You glanced at the demon staring at you through the window. 'This thing...' you thought bitterly, walking outside.

You shivered almost immediately, you didn't like being here this late. It was too cold.

The demon silently crawled over to you, it's eyes stared at yours for what felt like eternity. "Yes?" You asked nervously.

The demon handed you a pen. "Mr.Ratri has these and I stole one." It said.

"Why?"

"Because you're going to escape, right? I've seen the way you look when Grandma talks about your transfer. You're not planning on going there are you?" It assumes, leaning close to your face.

You stepped back and wordlessly walked away. "I don't understand why you're helping me after what you've done to me."

The demon suddenly appeared next to you, "That's for your own good, master."

You shivered at the name. You hated being called that. "It's [Y/N] to you from now on." You said closing the house door after hiding the pen.

You crawled into bed and laid there, thinking about what had happened to you that lead to this.

You remember how Grandma visited for the first time and introduced you to the demon. How you were forced to go through those painful sessions of training it to do what you wanted it to.

It made you sick.

Why would they force their own kind to do things like this?

You knew that your demon never liked hurting you. It always looked so guilty. It didn't even eat human meat which surprised you.

The worst part was that you knew your siblings were getting eaten. From the very start.

'I let them die.' You thought turning to your side and slowly falling asleep.

You weren't aware of the pair of eyes watching your interaction with your demon.

-

You couldn't bring yourself to help with the table so you sat down and told your siblings not to worry when they asked what was wrong.