07 | 冬

Winter

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Emma and Gilda gripped your arms. "Join forces?" Gilda asked.

Norman walked forward. "Don't worry, everyone. Everything's fine." He reassured smiling gently at you all. He turned back to Sister Krone. "We'll hear you out."

Sister smiled. "That's right. We should cooperate together so we can achieve our goals." She clapped her hands together and pointed at you, "You all want to escape. I want to become Mama of this House. I want to drag Isabella down her position as Mama, and seize that position for myself." She revealed.

'A Mama? I don't see her becoming someone like that.' You thought judging from everything she had done so far. Her behavior, her mental health and her way with children.'

"Just to clarify, those are my true intentions. I also want to break free from this situation." She said, pulling her collar to the side and revealing the tattooed number on her neck. Emma and Gilda gasped in surprise.

'She was one of us? Then....' It dawned onto you what the adults had to go through. '... Mama... they're all just like us...'

"Do you know about the management system here?" Krone asked. Everyone blinked in confusion. "Girls who fulfill certain conditions and live until 12 years old are presented with two paths when they're about to be shipped. To continue and die, or aim to become a Mama." She reveals as she walks around the five of you.

"What are the conditions?" Don asked.

"Scores above a certain number and the Mama's recommendation. If you can meet these two requirements you can survive without escaping." She answered.

"If you're a girl. But I don't recommend it." She smiled sadly, unbuttoning her blouse a little and pulling it aside, revealing a large scar.

"What is that?" Emma asked.

"There's a chip inside. If an adult steps one foot outside of the farm, an electrical current will be sent through this and their hearts will stop. At the same time, if something else makes their heart stop, then it acts as a transmitter that notifies the higher-ups."

"So we couldn't kill the adults after all." Norman muttered.

You started to feel bad for the adults. They can't escape their hell. You wouldn't have been capable of saving anyone in the first place.

"There's also apparently a different special farm. Where both boys and girls are transferred to when they turn 12. But no one knows the requirements for that and they all are given task to complete outside the walls after their training. It is said that those children are only chosen by one higher-up and they are informed at the age of 9. And they're all immune to getting shipped earlier than 12. However, those kids are chosen very rarely." Krone said.

Your heart dropped. 'I'm one of those children. Thy don't even know anything about what's going to happen to me...?' You thought sadly.

"Are they also forced to have a chip in their heart?" Don asked.

Sister Krone shook her head, "No. Unlike them, I can only live inside the farms. That's why I want to live the best possible life here. The special kids are at the risk of dying everyday. I want to live as a Mama. Even if it's fake, it's a life for humans. But to get to that, Isabella is in the way. If you all escape, she will be blamed." Krone smiled. "I won't get in your way. Escape. That will become a benefit for me."