12 | 戦えますか?

can you fight?

Some character visuals at the end of the chapter!

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

He looked so... different.

Not in a bad way, he had a few scars on his face, but he still had a warm look. Yuuto observed your features and slowly pinched your cheek.

"Ow?"

"Sorry, just checking if this is real." He muttered flashing you a smile before stepping back. "You want me to give you a basic run down of this place?"

"After breakfast!" Charlie interrupted pulling you to the table. She forced your body onto one of the seats and sat down next to you herself.

"We have cooking duties. A lot of the rules from The House apply here as well." Yuuto told you.

"I see." You looked down at the plate of food handed to you.

You looked around the room after everyone had thanked the gods for the food. You noticed Winter was trying to talk to one of the boys he was sitting next to. But, they were staring at you. After a few seconds of eye contact he looked back at Winter with a scowl on his face.

-

"Excuse me!"

You turned around to be met with a girl rushing towards you, her long hair swaying by her side.

"Hi!" She grinned when she caught up with you. You smiled and waved at her. "Sorry, I just wanted to get to know you a bit." She told you sheepishly.

"I'm [Y/N]." You introduced yourself kindly.

"Cute, I'm Lilith." You noticed her voice was soothing and she had a soft personality. 'How'd she end up in a place like this?' You couldn't help but think.

"And this..." Lilith motioned behind her. You finally noticed the boy that had followed her. "...is Tomoe."

Tomoe nodded at you. You gave him a small smile. "You both look a lot older than everyone else.."

"It's the experiments." Tomoe said. "Probably side effects or something. If anything, the oldest here would be Yuuto."

"He's really nice to you, surprisingly." Lilith scratched her head. She must have noticed your confusion since she started explaining what she meant. "Well, usually he's a bit more distant towards us and violent when it comes to the researchers touching him."

"That would explain the scars." You hummed.

Lilith nodded in conformation. "Yep. The only one that still tries to get on his nerves is Winter, but he always gets out of it without a fight breaking out."

"Am I that popular?" The three of you turned to Winter who had an amused smirk plastered on his face.

Lilith laughed softly. "You're popular for the wrong reasons." She told him.

The boy scoffed and pointed at himself. "I'm extremely nice. You just don't know it."

Lilith shook her head and pat your shoulder gently. "I'll see you around, [Y/N]." She said walking off with Tomoe.