16 | 虎のぬいぐるみ

tiger plushie

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

It was a new day, you knew that because you were given food that consisted of the same type of food served for breakfast.

You sat in your bed and ate slowly, dreading what today was going to be like.

You had been experimented on ever since that one day, some of it left you sobbing and crying out in pain and the others just left you worn out.

You heard a small beep before the door to your room opened and Peter walked inside, a smile on his face.

"Great news, [Y/N]. Today is a free day for you, meaning, no experiments." He cheered. You swallowed the food in your mouth, almost scared to hear what he was going to say next.

"But, you're going to help conduct one." He said.

"What do you mean?" You asked cautiously.

"You'll be making sure one of our dear children don't hurt the doctors." Peter elaborated but it didn't really help and he didn't seem to want to explain any further so you nodded and quickly drank the juice that was provided to you.

-

Entering the room Peter had led you to, your eyes widened seeing someone chained to the wall, their head was hanging low and you had no idea if they were breathing or not.

The doctors nodded at Peter and made preparations to begin their experiment, causing you to tense.

It seemed that the person also had the right idea and started struggling against the chains but stopped when he was drugged by one of the doctors.

That was the beginning of it.

-

After what felt like hours of the poor boy screaming and being forced to be experimented on, it was over.

The doctors instructed you- who was frozen in place- to clean him up and take him to his room. Your legs shook violently as you stepped closer to the boy.

It was now just the two of you so the stranger didn't look like he was as scared.

You grabbed onto one of the shackles and unlocked it, letting his left arm fall to his side. You did the same to the others. He ended up sliding onto the floor with such a terrified expression you wanted to cry.

You moved onto grab a medkit that was left on the table and placed it in front of the boy so he could see what you were taking out.

You took out some alcohol wipes and showed it to him. "It's gonna help prevent infections." Your voice came out shaky and in a whisper.

You observed him for a few seconds and noticed his eyes would often shift behind you, turning around you saw a stuffed tiger plushie. "Do you want that?" You asked pointing at the tiger.

The boy hummed in response.

You quickly handed the plushie to him, which he almost snatched out of your hands.

He seemed to be much more calmer with his hands on the plushie and he allowed you to clean up any blood on him and disinfect some cuts.

Sometimes you couldn't handle seeing the scars and would take a moment to collect yourself but the boy was luckily very patient.

Finally it was time to take him to his room. You held one of his fingers and led him through the hallways until you reached his designated area.

"Good luck here." You smiled slightly at the boy who groaned in response.

When you were finally back in your room, you collapsed onto the ground and cried silently, terrified for what the future had in store for all the children.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙