22 | アモンの帰還

the return of amon

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Yuuto sighed, you had passed out from exhaustion and you were now resting your head on his lap. Ray had lead the group to a new location.

It wasn't a shelter but it seemed to mean something to the children from Grace Field as they mentioned something about feeling Nostalgic.

While everyone was asleep you had woken up. You frowned looking around the area you were in. You found your way outside and watched smoke rise to the sky.

It was from the shelter.

You whimpered. They were really gone.

"Oh god..." It was Emma, even she was outside now, she looked at the smoke as well and fell to her knees next to you. "Yuugo..."

When Gillian came out and saw the smoke, you didn't bother going with them. You glanced up at the owl on the tree.

'Is it real?' You wondered, looking away from it.

You hummed and pricked your finger with the blade you had brought, your blood summoning your demon, Amon.

Amon gazed up at the owl as well but put his attention on you. "Anything new?" You asked quietly.

"Lilith betrayed you, she was the one that lead Andrew to Goldy Pond." It said. "It'll be safer to leave the others behind."

"How sad. And I thought she had some morality." You replied twirling the blade. "No matter, it's my turn to show her what I'm capable of." You stood up and pat your clothes, removing the dust that had gotten on them.

"That owl isn't real right?" You asked finally looking up at it. "It hasn't made a single noise since I came out here. Destroy it."

You narrowed your eyes at it and turned to head into the temporary base again. Amon lunged the owl and bit into it, destroying the camera and disappearing into the night.

You stopped when you heard the giggles of everyone from inside. You frowned again, feeling a little left out.

Deciding to not head to the base again, you climbed onto one of the trees and watched the smoke rise. Silent tears sliding down your face, 'they deserve to see the human world too.' You thought.

"Hey." Irwin greeted climbing onto the tree and sitting next to you, "what's up?"

You hummed. "Nothing."

He gave you an unimpressed look. "You know, just because I met you way later than Emma doesn't mean I know when you're doubting yourself. Ray told me you always acted like this. Quick to doubt everything you're capable of."

You smiled. "He remembers so much." You said looking up at the sky. "What do you think Winter would do in this situation? Even if he was playful he would..." Your voice trailed off.

"He'd follow your lead."Irwin answered. "I can't trust him with anything, honestly."

You snickered. "How nice of you."

Irwin smiled sadly. "He was my best friend. Always will be. I really loved him, I wish he could see how much we've progressed."

"Yeah..." You agreed. "Let's get out of this hell hole for him, and everyone that had been killed."

A few minutes had passed, it was dead silent but neither of you returned the base.

That was when you saw Andrew. You and Irwin watched as he took Alicia in his arm. Half of his face wasn't even there, it was just his skull. You assumed his skin melted off from the explosion.

You and Irwin followed behind the man, watching him take the girl away from the base. Soon, Ray arrived with a couple of others, some of the children got shot, you flinched hearing them falling to the ground.

You narrowed your eyes when he pointed his gun at Alicia and forced them to drop their weapons.

You summoned Amon. He started screeching loudly and you took the opportunity of everyone being stunned to fall from the tree and stab Andrews shoulder. Yuuto shooting the same spot you had stabbed to make sure you completed what you were planning on doing.

"You leave my family alone!" You yelled as Amon lunged at him.

Your head perked up alongside Amon who faltered his initial attack when a growl came from the distance, you shared a look with Irwin.

"Run!" Irwin yelled grabbing Dominic.

Amon took Alicia and bit the back of your shirt and jumped out of the way in time to avoid getting eaten by a wild demon. Your eyes widened at how big it was.

"A demon that's on our side?" Emma questions after getting a safe distance away.

Charlie casually leaned on his back. "Yeah! I wish I had a friendly demon friend too but it's just [Y/N] that owns him." She explained.

Amon blinked at her and turned to you. "So they're really dead?" You asked, patting his head lightly. You had asked him to keep the two men safe.

"Unfortunately. The explosion had killed them." He answered.

You nodded and let him go, watching as he ran into the forest to keep watch of you from the distance.

Ray noticed the 'owl' on the ground. "I knew it. This thing has been getting closer and closer to us. We need to leave this place behind. It's not safe anymore."

After everyone received the news of Yuugo and Lucas passing away, and giving them some time to cry and let out their anger, you were ready to head out again.

"Let's go everybody, to the place that's calling out to us..!" Emma said.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

a short chapter cuz i'm not feeling the best i'm sorry <3

also i had no idea what to name this chapter so i decided to just go with whatever and i can't remember if i already said this but the demons name is Amon and i might do a visual of him idk depends on what everyone thinks