06 | 力を合わせる

join forces

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

You played a little with the children while doing your chore. They would sometimes run up to you and wave their hands up in the air so that you would pick their small bodies up and twirl around, every time you did so, the children and the ones watching would squeal in excitement.

In the corner of your eyes you saw Don run past. 'He's most likely after something.' You figured, not paying much mind to it.

"Sorry Mama! I'm in a rush!" You heard him exclaim apologetically. You snapped your head at Mama. 'What did he grab from her?!' You wondered in a panic.

Mama looked at you with eyes as sharp as glass.

'I hope Emma's showing the books to Norman and Ray.' You thought sweeping the floors. Emma had come to you as soon as Phil told her. About how the books written by William Minerva had secret codes on the covers. 'But what could they mean?' You pondered. 'A way to survive outside..?'

After you swept, you silently headed to the library in search of your best friends. When you pushed the door open, the three siblings jumped and turned to the door in an alarming way, but once they saw that it was you they visibly relaxed.

"[Y/N], what do you think is meant by 'promise'?" Emma asked, showing you the morse code that was on one of the books.

You shrugged. "I haven't figured it out yet. But they're probably special." You told her in a gentle voice.

"Yeah. We thought so too." Norman nodded in agreement.

"I also have something you're not going to like but, it'd be better if they told you themselves."

"They? Who's they? And what are you talking about?" Emma questioned, placing the book down.

"Don and Gilda, right?" Ray figured.

You didn't respond but stare at Emma, different emotions flooding around your eyes. You knew it was time for them to learn the truth and you hoped, it would go in a proper manner.

"No matter what the world is like. Let's live."

-

"But I'm surprised." Norman spoke as you all walked down the stairs in a pleasant mood. "It's expected from Ray who reads books all the time, but... for Emma to notice those bookplates..."

Emma turned to Norman as you rounded the corner. "I wasn't the one who noticed them. Phil found them and told me."

"Phil?"

"I was surprised too." You muttered glancing around.

"Yeah. He was reading a children's book and it was one of Mr. Minerva's. It was a book that had Morse code in the story." Emma told all of you as a few of your siblings ran past.

"That's really impressive." You breathed. Once you reached the dining room, you looked at Emma who, looked around the room in a panicked manner, "Where are Don and Gilda?"

"They're not here either." Norman said, poking his head out from the kitchen.

"Where are they?" Ray quietly asked you, staring ahead.