11 | 新しい家

new home

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

The sound of the rain hitting the umbrella above your head calmed you down quite a bit while you and Isabella walked towards the gate.

You looked around the forest, taking in the sight of the trees one last time.

"Hey, Mama..." You hummed, "are you happy?" You asked quietly.

Isabella glanced at you, she tried to figure out what your intentions were with the question but figured there was no point in not answering truthfully.

"I wanted to survive, longer than anyone. And I made it. Though it's a fake life full of sorrow and regret, I'm alive and that's what matters to me." She answered.

"I see. It must be hard, watching your children grow and make memories, all for them to be lead to their deaths by you." You continued, "what does that make you feel? Do you feel alive, knowing the children that you oh so adored gets killed in the end?"

Isabella chuckled, "You're picking on manipulative behaviour, did I teach you that?" She looked at you properly.

You blinked, not bothering to say anything after that. Isabella hummed her lullaby quietly, the gate was getting closer.

You slowed your pace and stopped all together, starting to get wet from the rain. Your mother turned back, staring at you without a word.

"You say being alive is all that matters. But is that what you really want? Or are you just trying to honour Leslies memories?" You asked walking past her into the gate.

Isabella looked at you in shock. 'How do you...' she wondered walking in behind you as well. 'How do you know who Leslie is..?'

You stared at the figures a few feet ahead of you. You could clearly tell one was a demon.

"Hello, [Y/N]." Grandma said, walking into the light. "Are you ready to meet your new father?"

You narrowed your eyes at her. Grandma simply laughed as if it was funny. "Now don't be like that."

To your left a door was opened. You stared at the light that creeped outside. 'Who's that?' You wondered when a man walked out.

He glanced at Isabella. "Hello, Isabella." He greeted, his eyes landed on you and a grin formed on his face. It made you feel a bit frightened. "This must be [Y/N]. It's so nice to finally meet you."

"I'm Peter Ratri. But please call me Peter, there's no need for formalities is there?" He put his hand out, waiting for you to shake it. "Now, [Y/N], you're already aware of your future. Do you accept it?"

"What happens if I don't?" You asked. "Do I just die here?"

"Precisely, there's no need of your existence when you refuse." Peter told you bluntly.

You stared at his hand and looked up at the demon behind Grandma. You looked down at your feet. 'I have to do this. For my family!'

Taking in a deep breath you looked up at Peter, a smile plastered on your face. "I accept. Nice to meet you, Peter." You shook his hand.