09 | 私は

i'm

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Your eyes fluttered open and you groaned. Your head was killing you. 'What happened?' You wondered, carefully looking around.

"[Y/N]?" You heard a voice. It was Emma. You turned your head to look at her. She was laying on the bed next to yours, her leg was propped up and she was looking at you relived but worried.

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked, keeping her voice as quiet as she could to prevent your headache from getting any worse.

"I'm in pain." You sighed, your voice was raspy and it hurt a little to talk. You stared at her leg for a bit, trying to remember what had happened.

Suddenly, all of the events that lead to Emma's broken leg came back to you and you suddenly shot up from your bed. That was a mistake. You felt extremely nauseous and you had to hunch over to help yourself feel better.

"[Y/N], lay back down." You heard Ray say as soon as he saw you when he walked in to the room.

"N-no wheres Norman?" You asked, already out of your bed and using Emma's bed frame as support to walk towards Ray, who sighed and stepped in front of you, placing his hands on your shoulders and gripping it a bit tightly.

"He's okay. He's not going to leave us." He softly muttered pushing you onto Emma's bed. Emma sat up herself and rubbed your back when you crawled over to her.

Emma and Ray looked at each other. "We're going to let Norman escape." Ray began. Emma nodded.

"It's going to be impossible. Norman won't do it." You mumbled quietly, burying your head into Emma's shoulder. "He would want us to escape instead."

"We'll convince him." Emma comforted you.

The door opened once again and Norman walked in. "Ray." He addressed, his eyes landed on you and his face lit up. "[Y/N], you're awake. I'm glad."

You twisted around and looked at him. "Norman..!"

Norman took a seat next to Emma's bed. "Norman, tomorrow afternoon, escape by yourself." Ray told him.

"We're not going to let you die." Emma added.

Norman gave you all a small smile. "Sorry, I can't do that."

"Denied." The three of you immediately said together. Norman sweat dropped.

"To be more precise, tomorrow afternoon, make it seem like you've escaped by yourself. Disable the tracking device, and pretend to have an escape. Then, hide in the area until Emma's leg is healed." Ray said.

"And on the day we escape, you'll run away with us."

Norman sighed. "But even if it may not be true, once I run away, the security will get tighter."

"That's not a problem. We'll work through it." You muttered.

Ray nodded. "And judging from the House's caretaking policies, security won't increase much."