10 | バイバイ

bye bye

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Yeah. And it wasn't a height that we could jump from. Sister wasn't lying and the demons didn't underestimate us. With that cliff, security wouldn't be necessary." Norman said.

"So that means we can't escape from the wall?" Emma asked worriedly, starting to feel hopeless.

"Well.. there is a way." Norman said, grabbing a notebook and a pen. He started drawing. "So I tried going to the edge of the wall. It split into two more walls. One side continued along the cliff. The other was the side of our House." He continued to draw and explain the walls.

"It means this Grace field house is on a hexagonal property surrounded by a cliff. And the lot west from our Plant Three is probably the headquarters. That lot was the only one with a bridge. If we're surrounded by cliffs, then crossing the bridge will be the only way to escape." Norman concluded.

There was a knock on the door, the four of you turned to it in alarm but thankfully it was just Phil with his usual precious smile. "Norman!" He called out. "Mama is calling you."

"Tell her I'll be right there."

"Okay!"

You let out a sigh of relief when Phil left. "Well, I should get going." Norman said, getting up and heading towards the door.

"W-Wait a minute!"

"Norman!"

"I'll give this back." Norman handed the disabler to Ray. "I didn't use it."

"You." Ray glared at him. "So, [Y/N] was right? You were planning to return from the start, huh? You said so yourself, right? That we'll stay alive together! But you were already planning to... What about her?! What will she do without you?" Ray asked, raising his voice.

You tilted your head, wondering who 'she' was that Ray was referring to.

Norman simply smiled. "Yeah, sorry, I lied. And I'll leave her to your care, Ray. I know you'll keep her safe. I can't afford to make a mistake. Because I can't let anyone die. If I run away, the plan will deviate. Even if it's a little, it'll be problematic. I don't even want a chance of losing. It's pointed to argue. I won't change my mind."

Ray stepped back and fell onto Emma bed, next to you. He covered his face as he hunched over. "I did what I can today. I'm leaving the rest to you."

"Wait Norman—" You were cut off when Norman hugged the three of you together. "So warm..." He mumbled. "Thank you for everything. Because of you three, I had a good life. I had fun. I was happy. I was fortunate."

You couldn't keep it in anymore as you started to cry. "Norman don't leave. I don't want you to leave." You cried grabbing his jacket tightly.

"Hey Norman, it's still not too late to run away. Run and hide in the forest." Emma begged.

Norman slowly pulled away from you all. "Like I just said, I'm not going to change my mind. See you." He said, walking out of the room.

You sat there crying for a minute before wiping the tears away and standing up. "I'll be back." You mumbled leaving as well.