17 | ゴールディポンド

goldy pond

watchu know about rolling down in the deep

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

You whizzed onto the ground, stumbling a little when you landed.

"Watch your step." Charlie mumbled. Your eyes observed your surroundings, "so, which way is Goldy Pond?" You questioned, staring at the huge lake ahead of you.

Winter hummed, playing with the pen in his hands, he then pointed ahead, "over there, we should probably disable the trackers now."

You let out a shaky sigh, after one of the demons instructed all of you to go back out look for the children, you, Charlie, Winter, Yuuto and Irwin decided to escape with impulse. You unfortunately had to leave behind everyone else.

It had been a few... well you had no idea how long it had been you've been trapped in Lambda ever since the first day, continuous experiments and torture until you passed out.

"Don't worry, I know you'll come back for us." Lilith smiled giving the five of you a thumbs up. "Come back alive!"

You were thankful for having a friend like her who was so understanding.

You yelped when you suddenly felt a shock go through your body. Charlie gasped. "Oh sorry, I thought it would be better if I disabled the tracker so while you were zoning out." She sheepishly admitted.

Narrowing your eyes at her, you rubbed your ear.

"Let's get going." Irwin called out, already moving ahead.

You were expecting anything. But clearly you weren't ready to see the bodies of demons sprawled on the grass.

Charlie examined their faces, "looks like the kids here learnt their weak points." She concludes.

All of you snapped your heads to the direction a whistle was blown in. "Huh?"

"Let's go investigate." Charlie said, dropping the demon she was holding.

"What?" Yuuto questions. "Are you crazy!? This place is crawling with demons!"

"And children." You hissed. "I'm not letting them die when we can do something."

You flew through the forest as fast as you could, smelling nothing but gunpowder and the stench of demons.

Ever since the doctors injected that liquid into your body, you started smelling them. It made you infuriated, how dare they use children as lab rats!

You came into a small clearing and saw a demon holding a girl in its hand.

"Hey! Pick on kids that can defend themselves!" Charlie yelled shooting at the demons arm.

'Who is this?' You wondered, slicing its arm and grabbing the girl in its hold.

From behind the demon, someone threw what looked like an object emitting thick gas. With the demon distracted all of you started running.