Lights down low

January 2008

Heaven only knows where you've been
But I don't really need to know
I know where you're gonna go
On my heart, where you're resting your head
And you just look so beautiful
It's like you were an angel

Ellen walked on to the set, first day back after the winter break. It felt different in every way. Her life had changed so drastically in just two months. She was now a single woman, the divorce was just finalized. Chris had moved back to Boston where he was living with the woman he cheated on her with. She was almost relieved, she never realized how much of a burden he was. He didn't bring in much money, he just did whatever he wanted while she worked. Now he had someone else to mooch off, and she was free.

"Hey El," Sandra said as she gave her a hug.

"Hey San. How was your break?" She asked.

"It was fantastic. Just relaxing every day by the beach for the most part. Shonda rented a food truck outside if you wanted to grab something," she said.

"Nah, I'm good. Have you talked to Chyler?" Ellen asked. Chyler hadn't quite opened her shell yet, they tried to be as welcoming as they could.

"Not much. She's pretty quiet. She'll open up soon," Sandra nodded.

"Yeah. You know which scenes are being filmed?" Ellen asked.

"Not sure, but I got to catch up later. Lunch with the gang?" She asked.

"Sounds great," Ellen smiled. She found some of producers, they were talking about the scenes and how they were going to play out. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw him. Patrick had just walked in, his hair freshly cut. He had a smile on his face like no other. She couldn't help but gravitate toward him.

"Hey," she smiled at him.

"Hey," he said with a breath of relief. He looked so happy and glowing, she wasn't sure what he had done.

"You seem happy," she said in a remark.

"It's a great day. You doing okay?" He asked. He had kept his distance since the divorce.

"Yeah, great. I'm gonna head to my trailer and wait for call time," she said before turning on her heels and walking toward the exit.

"Mind if I join? We can run some lines like old times," he said charmingly.

"Yeah, that'd be great," she replied with a sheepish smile. He followed her out to her trailer. As soon as they got in, she immediately turned to him.

"I miss your touch," she said admittedly.

"I miss touching you," he breathed as he slowly moved his hand to her cheek.

Ellen looked at him, he looked so different now. It was like a door had opened and she felt her heart start beating again. The feeling of his hand against her cheek as he looked into her eyes just made her melt into him.

"This is so complicated," she mumbled.

"Not as much as it was. We can do this," he whispered back as he leaned down and placed a longing kiss on her lips. Kissing Patrick was nothing like kissing Derek. He had meaning in his kiss, the was he caressed her cheeks made her feel safe in his arms.

"I've wanted to do this again since forever now," he whispered to her.

"You have no idea," she smiled as she pulled him back to her, her hands creeping around his neck as she pulled his body as close to hers as she could. She never thought this would ever happen again, she felt complete in his arms.

"What about Jillian? And the kids?" She asked, pulling away from him.

"I've told you then and I will say it again. I don't want her, I want you. I will tell her I want a divorce immediately. No questions asked. I. Want. You," he said slowly as he pulled her into another kiss.

"We can't make this thing public. If we do this, it's just between us," she breathed into him.

"Our little secret, for now," he said to her before enveloping her lips into another kiss. This one more passionate than the others as he pulled her so close to him she felt his heart beating against her chest. She could do this forever and now nothing was standing in their way.