Kiss me

October 2004

This feels like falling in love
Falling in love
We're falling in love

Ellen waited a minute, taking a few deep breaths as she sat in her car. She had to admit how nervous she was, she was about to do her first day of filming with Patrick. Patrick. She had the hardest time getting him off her mind since that day she saw him walk through the audition room. She felt her face become flushed as she shook her head slightly.

She finally got the courage to get out of her car, walking into the large warehouse-like building. It was chaos from then. She quickly changed into the scrubs they had given her and her sneakers. She got rushed into hair and make-up, she was reading over her lines for the day and looked around at the actors surrounding her. She only recognized one, Kathrine Heigl. She had been in a few big movies but the rest seemed like just average actors trying to do the same as she was. She felt another presence enter and she looked up to see Patrick being rushed in as well.

"Good morning," he smiled at her, sitting his travel coffee mug on the counter as he sat in the chair.

"Morning to you too," she giggled at him.

"Wanna practice?" He held up the script as one of the ladies began working on his hair.

"Sure," she giggled. They began to read the lines back and forth to each other. It was easy with him, he seemed like a natural which made her even more nervous she would mess up.

"Alright, first day of filming. Who's ready to rock and roll?" Betsy said as she came in.

"Let's get this started," Patrick said very chipper as he hopped out of the seat. They followed her through the building to the set, it looked like a cafeteria and a ton of extras were being directed on what they were doing. She was met with one of her other costars, Chandra Wilson.

"Hello," Chandra said to her nicely. She seemed like a genuinely sweet woman.

"Good morning," Ellen smiled back.

"Ok, rundown. Meredith needs a consult for the patient and she comes to Bailey and tells her then Bailey instructs her to talk to Dr. Shepherd, the new attending. Meredith realizes that is her one night stand from the previous night and she quickly runs. Got it?" The head director asks and they nod. They all go into positions and she took a deep breath before they yelled action. Ellen stood there for a second and opened the door just as Chandra was about to go out.

"What?" Chandra said in a stern voice. Her whole demeanor changed into character.

"Katie's parents have questions, do you talk to them or do I get Dr. Burke?" Ellen said to her. She felt her stomach twist as she hoped she was doing good.

"No, Burke's off the case. Katie belongs to the new attending now, Dr. Shepherd. He's right over there," she pointed in the direction of Patrick. He stood there in character, talking to a few of the extras. Ellen walked a few steps forward and she fell into character as it felt natural. She looked around awkwardly, she waited a second to see him look up at her before she bolted to the door again.

"Cut!" The director yelled and everyone broke character.

"That was fantastic guys, just run it a few more times," he said and they started over once again. She continued to do her part in the most perfect way she could. They re-shot the scene three times before they decided it was enough.

"You did great," Patrick said as he walked over to her.

"Thanks, you did pretty good standing there looking all handsome and such," she giggled.