29: valentine's special

"𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲," 

~🌙 ~

The more the guys talked about how I liked Hyerin, the more excited I got. I felt a warm feeling in my chest and my body was overruled with excitement jitters. Adrenaline was pumping itself through me faster than the speed of light. A smile was pasted on my face that could not be removed by just anything. I felt truly happy. 

Ni-ki loved talked about hypothetical or as he called it 'future' scenarios. He went on about how me and Hyerin would be such a popular couple in school, college and then marriage. His imagination was a bit too wild for me. We weren't even a thing yet and I couldn't guarantee that we would be unless I told her how I feel. 

That was the first step. 

"A phone call?"

Jungwon sounded astounded by my first suggestion. Sunoo looked away in embarrassment and Sunghoon and Jake sat there twiddling their fingers. 

"What's wrong with that?" I piped up after not understanding why I couldn't just do it over the phone. 

Heeseung cracked his neck before slinging an arm over my shoulders. He looked at me as if he was giving the 'big brother' talk and I knew that he had been waiting for a moment like this. 

"Park Jay, Jongseong, RAS-,"

"Hey!" 

"Okay okay, I'm kidding! Just listen," Heeseung paused and cleared his throat for his big hyung speech, "It is 2021. Girls won't settle for just a phone call anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Yeah, what do you mean?" Ni-ki replied with a tilted head. I laughed at how much he resembled a little puppy. Even though he was too young for this sort of advice, I was intrigued to see how he would take it. 

"Girls want balloons, chocolates, cards with big words on them. You know? You see it all the time on instagram with the caption 'If he aint doing it like this ion want it'," Heeseung snapped his finger diagonally acting camp and bitchy. We chortled at his change in persona but allowed him to continue. 

"You have the chance to be different and show other guys that might be interested in her that you, Jay, mean business. No offence Sunghoon,"

"I'm not on that road anymore hyung, don't worry. It's our Jay's turn to shine!" Sunghoon pointed at me proudly. I returned it, thanking him for his implied approval. 

We all went around throwing ideas into the pit. Jake suggest a poem like the cheesy romantic person he was. Ni-ki and Sunoo suggested a dinner with all of her favourite foods, which wasn't a bad idea except they only suggested it out of hunger. Sunghoon mentioned that she enjoyed ice skating after his date with her in Philippines. It would have been a good idea, but I though I'd leave the skating to our ice prince.