25. No Monsters

The next week, I was permitted to return to school. Izzy was overjoyed to say the least and made us eat together at lunch, alone, so I could tell her more about Milan. 

Whilst we were in the canteen, I was approached by a PE teacher who asked if he could borrow me for a second. It was the same sophisticated man who took over our lesson last time.

'Try outs for our sports teams are being held in a few days. I have already contacted your guardian, but I believe that you will do our soccer and track team justice. I hope you consider this, you are very skilled.' He told me.

'Definitely, thank you.' I smiled to him, he smiled back and gave me a friendly pat on the shoulder as he walked past me.

'What was that about?' Izzy asked me once I had sat back down. She was stuffing her face with a green salad, and looked at me through the leaves.

'He just told me to try out for the sports teams.' I shrugged, picking at her salad. She slapped my hand away, obviously because she never shares her food. 

'Which ones are you going for? I'm probably going to do soccer and basketball.' 

'Soccer, basketball and Track.' I said as I put my chin in the palm of my hands.

'Do they not do tennis here?' She asked.

'No, I will just practise at the courts. I don't necessarily need lessons, maybe coaching.' I shrugged.

'You should tell your brothers to get you a tennis coach, or enrolled in a ballet class.' 

'I don't want to do ballet with anyone else other that Wally. It's a more of a hobby than a passion, but I do want to continue with tennis.' I concluded.

'You're still going to dance right? You are so good, even if it's just for fun.' She exclaimed.

'Of course I will, just not competitively.' I assured her.

'That is a big decision you're making, you have danced for 7 years.' She backtracked.

'And I never said I would stop, I just won't carry on learning. I want to continue tennis though.' I interrupted her, further explaining my decision.

'Ask your brothers for a coach or something.' Izzy stated, pushing her empty salad bowl away.

'I can't do that.' I shook my head.

'Why not, it's not a big ask. It's not like you're asking for the entire family fortune, you are asking for a sports coach who will encourage you to keep on doing what you love. What you have loved for 11 years.' She claimed.

'I'm not asking them for anything.' I humourlessly laughed.

'Ok, I will ask for you.' She shrugged.

'No you won't.' I bore into her.

'Watch me Camilla.' She pushed her chair away and grabbed her empty tray, sending me an indicative smile as she threw away her rubbish. I was about to get up and follow her but a hand landed on my shoulder, seating me back down. Romeo.

'What do you need?' My frustrated attitude showing through, not meaning to talk to him in that way.

'Woah sorellina, what's with the attitude?' He took the seat next to me.

'Nothing.' I groaned.

'Nuh uh, no lying.' He sat back as if he had all the time in the world. 'Go on.' He urged, expecting me to pour out my heart and soul.

'I have class.' I dismissed myself, ignoring him and walking out of the doors. I had science for the rest of the afternoon.

I was one of the stragglers late to arrive, but not the last. After apologizing to the teacher and taking my seat, the same entrance was made as last week. Loud and obnoxious. The same uniform, same undone top button, same soft hair and most importantly: the blue stormy eyes. I didn't fail to notice his long-lived stare that was fixed onto me as he leaned back on his chair. His arms were folded, and his attitude screamed uninterest.