4. First Class

'Sorry officer I don't think I heard you correctly.' I asked still unsure about the information that was given to me.

'I think you did Alessa, you have brothers.' He said calmly repeating himself.

I didn't know how to react, should I be glad that I don't have to go to foster care, or should I be angry that such information was kept from me in the first place. I didn't know what to do, Izzy's grip on my hand only tightened when she saw my state. My mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water, trying to get words out and failing miserably.

'Sorry to interrupt officer, but I have known Alessa and her mother for their whole lives, and no where has she ever mentioned other children.' Elenora said trying to reason with the officer.

'Well according to the DNA test, Alessa has 5 older brothers.' He said.

'Five?' Izzy exclaimed.

'Wait, what did they say - no, how did they react when they found out about me?'

'Well, they have always known about you, you lived in their house with them for the first two years of your life before your mother took you away. They have been searching for you since the day they found you gone, but your mother left no traces. They never gave up on you, and when I managed to get a hold of your eldest brother, he agreed to take you in with no hesitation. You will be flying out tomorrow morning, your brother has already taken care of the plane ticket expenses. Get everything you need by tonight as we leave at 9 o'clock tomorrow to go to the airport.' He said making sure I understood what he was saying.

'Hold on, so I have less than 24 hours to not only get packed, but to say goodbye to everyone I have ever known, baring in mind that I have lived here for all my life, well apparently not all my life, but you understand what I'm saying. Also to say goodbye to the man and woman who have treated me like their granddaughter ever since I stepped foot into their café. To also be prepared to move to a whole other country, with nobody I know to live with brothers that I didn't know existed until about 15 minutes ago, literally a few hours after my mother was supposedly murdered. Is that what you are telling me?' I summed up in a more realistic way.

The officers looked at me surprised by my little speech, they also had guilt written all over their faces once they realised how much information and pressure they had put onto a 14 year old girl in such a short amount of time. Elenora and Izzy also looked shocked at what was happening right now.

'Officer, you never did mention where Alessa would be living.' Elenora said.

'Oh yes, you will be moving to New York, Manhattan to be more precise.'

'Wait wait, did I hear you correctly?' Izzy asked 'You just said that Alessa is moving to Manhattan, the same place that my grandmother lives, in that huge condo.' Izzy said excitement rising every time she spoke another word.

'Yes, I'm not sure where in Manhattan your grandmother lives, I cannot reveal where Alessa will be living, but if you give me a place, I can give you a rough amount of miles it will take to get there.' He offered.

'My mother lives in SoHo.' Elenora stated.

'Well then that would be around zero miles.' He said, making me and Izzy shoot up and grin at each other.

The rest of the time that the officers were here, they went over small details such as the school I would be attending, and how I had to come to the police station later on tonight to run through some more things.

I agreed, and soon after they left, Elenora told me that the school that I would be attending was the same one she and my mum went to, which was odd because I always thought that my mum lived in England her whole life, she never told me otherwise. I didn't ask about it because I wanted to hear what else she had to say. She also mentioned that Izzy would probably be attending the same school since it is the closest school to her grandmothers house.