27. Big Shop of Horrors

The second I walked through the front door, Dante told me to find the others and tell them exactly what happened. He needed to go back to school to pick up Gio and Lorenzo since the two seater that the others had bought would not be big enough.

I obviously wasn't going to tell them, I was planning on going to my room, maybe play a bit of tennis to clear my mind. My plan of action was of course discontinued before it could even start.

One name. Rocco.

'Why are you back so early?' We walked past each other in the upstairs hallway. He stopped me from going any further so he could interrogate me.

'No reason.' I tried to brush past him, but he held me in place with the hand that was on my arm. I tried to push with all my strength, but he didn't falter once.

'I will not ask you again.' He raised an eyebrow at my pathetic attempts to get by. I ducked under his arm and started to run, I thought I had gotten away, but that was not the case. When I turned the corner, I was met with Michele who was typing on his phone. I tried to run past him too but he was much faster and caught me by the waist.

He didn't say anything, only guided me to where Rocco was patiently waiting.

'Why are you not in school?' Michele began to question. My eyes widened as I saw Vince climbing the stairs in the corner, taking his time to approach us, as if he wanted to make me suffer in apprehension.

'What has happened?' He finally stopped where we were.

'Absolutely nothing.' I nodded to myself. He looked down to me unconvinced then to Rocco who shrugged his shoulders.

'We can finish this conversation in my office if you wish.' He threatened.

'The conversation is already finished.' I bravely spoke, not knowing where this sudden nerve came from.

'Office it is.' He decided as he and Michele walked in front, and Rocco took my arm as if I was a prisoner. He opened the door and lead me to the sofas. I was glad that we didn't have to do this at his desk, I wouldn't have coped.

The truth is, when Liam spoke to me in the way that he did, it reminded me of the way that 'they' spoke to me; right before they forced themselves onto me.

I know they were only words... but those words scared me.

'Alessa, are you alright?' I felt someone's arms wrap around me, the familiar rich wine and dark chocolate scent infected my nose. When did Armani get here?

'Huh?' I turned to him, he was looking at me with concern written all over his face, he didn't even try to hide it.

'You drifted.' He cleared up, seeing that I was confused.

'Oh.' I saw him look up to Vince who had a glass in his hand, there was only a small amount of the golden brown liquid inside. 

'What's wrong?' He asked.

'Literally nothing happened, I just didn't expect it.' I sighed.

'Didn't expect what?' Rocco spoke up. 

I didn't want to say anything, but Armani's comfort blindly encouraged me, making me ever so slightly braver. I took out my phone and went to the recording, I handed it to Armani since he was the closest to me, he held it up to his ear and listened closely. After a few long seconds, his grip around me became tighter and he let out a deep breath.

'Who touched you?' His voice was firm and literal.

'What?' Rocco seethed as snatched the phone and held it up to his ear. I saw his jaw clench and unclench multiple times throughout, he removed it from his ear and kept his grip around my phone tight, too tight. Right before he could do any damage, Michele took his arm and removed his fingers from the phone.