55. Sixth Sense

I wasn't however, expecting to see my Father and Grandfather in London.

My eyes went wide, although I was aware of their existence and I was only beginning to get to know them, them being here... in London was overwhelming.

When did those glasses of wine arrive in front of them, when did a salmon platter arrive in the middle of the table?

As I continued brooding, I mistakenly made eye contact with Santiano when he looked in my direction. My eyes went considerably large as I failed to maintain the look. The corner of his mouth lifted and he moved his head, beckoning me to come over.

'Why are you here? I thought you weren't allowed in the UK.' I placed my plate down, then I pulled out the chair for myself.

'I have ways, it helps slightly when there is a helipad located in a local blind spot.'

'You have a helicopter?' I'm not quite sure why I asked this question, I'm also questioning why I seem so shocked by this. It's the least I'm obliged to expect, when this family have so much money, they could buy 6 helicopters a day and still be multi-billionaires.

'You haven't been in one?' 

'I haven't even been on a boat.' I laughed, raising my brow. Not all of us are stupid rich Mr Santiano.

'I bought Vince a boat for his 18th birthday.' Our grandfather spoke as Vince approached the table, pursing his lips in the slightest as he heard what Manuel had said.

'I'm beginning to think you have more money than sense.' I muttered, smiling with disbelief. 

'That wouldn't be so unbelievable.' Vince gave a single shoulder shrug as he took his seat opposite me, next to Santiano.

Seeing them properly, next to each other. Wow, they are similar. If Vince would grow more facial hair, have lighter eyes, and dress less like a Mafioso, he would be significantly identical.

Although everyone was dressed appropriately for the dining area, Santiano and Manuel had removed their suit jackets. The grandfather even took it so that the first two buttons were undone, displaying the top of his tattooed chest.

Only people like him could dress so informally, and look respected in such a place.

'How are you, I didn't get to see you before you left.' Santiano spoke from beside me. I didn't want to see anyone before I went to London, I would have been bombarded with questions and I wasn't in a good place, nor was I prepared to answer.

I can't get over a death like this, but I have accepted it and I am beginning to come to terms with the idea. 

It won't be so hard to discuss anymore, he lived a good life, and I know that it was full of so much happiness.

'I'm dealing with it.' I sighed, looking into his hard but sincere eyes. 

'How are you dealing with it?' Manuel, the great alchemist spoke.

'Grieving I guess, I don't know how to think. It doesn't make sense and I don't like it, I don't like that I know he's not here anymore.' I spoke clearly, my displayed emotions didn't correlate with the words that were coming out of my mouth.

'When I lost my father, I didn't cry because he commanded that I didn't, however, I hibernated myself and found more and more loss overtime. The days I lived in were less accepting than now, grievance wasn't an occurrence. I was expected to stay strong and maintain sight of my masculinity. I worked endlessly for the next few years and developed his enterprise, I couldn't see his pride, but I understood him finally. The only thing you should take from this is the motivation to continue life, knowing that you have these people around you, doing the jobs that he did, and those that excel it, for you.'