Chapter Two

---

---

"Clearly I'm wearing the knee high boots but do I go for a casual look or more of a 'don't mess with me' look?" Elmira directed her question towards Beatrix as she held up two dresses in the mirror having a hard time deciding between them. "Whatever I choose you're going to pick the other one anyway." Beatrix replied, a sense of sass laced through her voice as she rolled her eyes. "That's because your style is dark academia and that's it, you never experiment nor do you care when I pick out the perfect outfits for you or the occasion." Elmira huffed back before deciding on her black bodycon dress and getting changed in front of her best friend - something neither of them were bothered by. 

"I don't need to care about my outfits when I know you'll change them the first chance you get Mira." Glancing down at her phone Beatrix realised how early it actually was. "Besides why are you getting ready when the party isn't for another two hours? Your makeup and hair is all done so what do you plan on doing; find your dark haired stallion from earlier?" Beatrix was teasing her best friend but when Elmira didn't respond she knew she was correct. "Damn I hope for your sake he's good in bed if you're already hung up on him." Elmira picked up her brush and threw it in the direction of her best friend in an attempt to quiet her before she turned her attention back to her jewelry stand. 

"What can I say? he's attractive and doesn't strike me as your typical teenage boy. Besides it's either him or I go find Silva: from what I've heard he's quite good looking." Elmira teased as she layered some of her favourite gold necklaces and paired them with a traditional Gucci belt. Beatrix gave her best friend a pointed look before replying "He may be unusually hot for a man who's old enough to be our father but he's also an attempted murderer. I wouldn't go there." Elmira turned around to face Beatrix now that she was fully ready, she picked up her phone and her small packet of weed - stashing them in her cream jacket before replying to her best friend and bidding her a farewell. "Well if you won't let me sleep with Silva then mysterious brunette is the way to go. Now I'll see you at the party and if you don't show up then I'll drag you down there by your braids. Bye Bea!" 

Pecking her best friend on the lips she strutted down the wide hallways of Alfea in search of her mystery man. Elmira couldn't figure out what exactly it was that drew her towards him but she knew she was eager to find out. She never planned on something long term, simply because she disliked the idea of not being able to flirt or hook up with who she wanted however since finding out about Beatrix's mission she thought it best not to enter a relationship in case they decided to go all goody-two-shoes on her and convince her to do the less chaotic, morally good thing - even though it wasn't Elmira's ideal plan she knew better than to try to stop her best friend. Before she got too lost in her thoughts she noticed the dashing brunette make his way towards the edge of the barrier. Impressed with his confidence she decided to follow after him, far enough away where he wouldn't notice her but close enough so she didn't lose his track as they both made their way to the forests that circled the buildings. 

"Are you lost blondie?" His smooth voice calmed her before she stepped into full sight, admiring how he looked in his leather jacket and slightly disheveled hair, unaware to Elmira that he had come straight from training. "On the contrary, I thought you would like to join me." She pulled out the small packet of foil from her pocket as she stepped closer. The way she held herself, the confidence that radiated off her every move, pulled the brunette into her charm. "Rule breaker in disguise hey, I wouldn't have expected that from you. I'm Riven." His name was truly unusual but somewhat familiar, she tried to figure out how she knew it before introducing herself. "Elmira." An unbreakable smile appeared on Riven's lips as he looked her up and down, piecing together the fact she was already prepared for the party later that night.

Elmira walked dangerously close to Riven as she passed him to head towards a small cliff-face of grass-covered rocks that were right behind the pair. She sat confidentially as Riven followed her lead, their legs automatically touching but neither one of them daring to move. "Tell me about yourself - how does a fairy such as yourself end up in Alfea smoking weed with the resident bad boy on her first day?" Riven questioned as he rolled the substance through the paper, he was making small talk but he was also curious to hear her response. "Let's just say I'm a little too unpredictable for most people. That and who doesn't love a smoke?" She smirked in his direction before taking a much needed puff from her already prepared cigarette. "Now what about yourself?". Her voice was low and she leaned in closer than previously, her interest towards Riven made clear and he certainly couldn't ignore it. 

Elmira's tactics were working on the bad boy as he coughed slightly before answering her. "I was tired of living up to my best friend's standards so I became a disappointment intentionally - I seem to have failed though considering you still decided to grace me with your presence, not that I'm complaining." Riven took another puff of his cigarette before leaning in close enough so that Elmira and his lips were only inches apart. His heartbeat fastened before he blew the smoke into her mouth, sending the blonde a wink before blowing the excess smoke out slowly. Elmira decided to take control of the situation: standing slightly so she could sit on Riven's lap. Despite not knowing each other well it was clear the only thing these two misfits required was comfort and luckily for them they were alone in this moment to achieve even a portion of that.

Elmira made the first move again, her hands wrapped into Riven's hair after she disposed of their cigarettes. Riven's hands rested firmly on her waist before she leant in and kissed him on the lips, he immediately responded, his hands moving to rest on the small of her back as he pulled her closer than they previously were. Elmira worked her magic as her perfectly manicured nails raked between the back of his neck and through his hair, making sure to mess up his hair even more as his lips moved to her neck, biting and sucking slowly she gasped in pleasure at the rebellious boy. Something about his kiss was intoxicating and she couldn't seem to get enough of it. Riven's lips had just made their way back up to her own before an unusual clicking noise caused the both of them to reluctantly pull apart. 

Riven looked around frantically as the noise got louder, his grip on Elmira had tightened but this time it was out of protection instead of the heat of their rather brief make out session. The pair looked around before Riven's eyes landed on a body to their right, he gasped suddenly causing Elmira to look over - a small scream of shock left her mouth before she stood up off of the boy, grabbing his hand to help him up before they headed towards the castle in order to warn Dowling of their discovery. As they got closer to the grounds Elmira took off towards her room without a goodbye, she knew Riven was capable of relaying what they had seen but she was in desperate need of updating Beatrix. This small move however left Riven slightly confused but he decided to go straight to Dowling or Silva anyway - vowing to ask Elmira at the party about why she ran off. Little did he know that she was well aware that what killed the farmer was a Burned One and that this was only the beginning of their reemergence into Solaria.