Chapter Five

---

---

Riven lay on his bed in his dorm as Elmira sat on the floor with her back to him as she attempted to finish her self-assigned homework. The pair were sat in his dorm room as Beatrix insisted she needed the time alone, Elmira knowing better than to question her best friend didn't protest which is how the pair ended up in their current positions. The blonde rattled her brain around her work, taking deep breaths and trying to create small snow flakes from positive thoughts but with no great success she grew more anxious and frustrated, slamming the books shut and letting out a deep sigh. Riven saw the girl struggling as he rolled onto his stomach and handed her his vape in an attempt to calm her. He didn't understand the extent of her struggles but he was glad she had allowed him to stick close by despite not being at her best. 

"I'm okay, thanks though." Elmira sighed as she placed the books gently in her bag before joining Riven on the bed, needing the energy to refresh her brain if she was ever going to control her magic and help Beatrix. "Do you think Dane's gay?" Riven's question took the girl by surprise, they hadn't exactly been making small talk nor had the blonde realised the boys kept in contact. "He liked one of my old photos on Instagram - clearly stalking me but hey who can blame him." Riven's arms wrapped around the tiny girls waist as she lay on her side, her back to him before replying. "I don't think he's gay, his flirting with me proves that, however he could be bisexual like myself." 

Riven took Elmira's words into thought, realizing the girl he had fancied had just come out to him. "You're bi?" Riven couldn't wipe the smile off of his face, he loved the idea of her subtly dropping her sexuality into conversation - it showed him she was proud of who she was and she didn't care who knew it. "That I am - I assumed you figured it out with the way Beatrix and I act but apparently not." Letting out an amused laugh the girl rolled over and faced him, his eyebrows furrowed as he tried to process what she was saying. "Wait I thought you two were just friends?" A smirk played on Elmira's lips as she moved closer to the dark-haired boy. "We don't really label it - we've hooked up when we're bored and we'll kiss whenever we feel like it but we also don't have strong romantic feelings for each other - it's all just a bit of fun." 

"That's actually awesome - I wish Sky would kiss me randomly." The pair started laughing at Riven's response before he continued. "In all seriousness though, I don't mind one bit - I've been questioning my own sexuality and I love that you can be expressive with your best friend in those ways." Elmira smiled at the boy before her, she knew in that moment she could quite easily pursue a relationship with Riven. 

Usually she didn't like relationships or being tied down to one person however she could tell what a partnership with this boy would bring her - fun, security and a little bit of danger - everything she could dream of in a significant other. "You're just a charmer aren't you?" She pecked him on the lips before cuddling into his side as the pair smiled towards each other. "Only with you princess."