Chapter Sixty

---

---

Elmira had managed to find Beatrix again within an hour from leaving Riven behind, the air fairy had found a relatively secluded area to wallow in her argument with Stella - one that after being retold to the blonde made her want to rip the metaphorical crown right off of the princess' head. "You're telling me Bloom just ran into Alfea, basically powerless because Sky was being held captive?". The ice fairy questioned, one arm still around her best friend's shoulders as the duo leant into one another. "You know you'd do the same if it were Riven. Hell, you'd freeze the entire Otherworld if it meant getting him back." 

The air fairy's words caused the blonde to simply smile and nod in agreement, not bothering to deny the fact they both were aware was true. "So, what's the plan? She goes in and just gives up the Dragon Flame? Then what? Do you really think Sebastian would just leave us and those we love alone because we helped him with mere entry?". Elmira's question caused her best friend to sigh, the redhead knowing their options were limited under the circumstances.

"We have to go in there. We can't keep being the bad guys... can we?". Beatrix's question had the best friend shifting uncomfortably, moving her arm so she could rotate her body and look at her properly. "You're actually serious?". The blonde asked, slightly taken aback by the redhead's sudden change in heart. "Does this have to do with something Stella said?". Elmira added, her voice rising slightly as she couldn't understand why her best friend would suddenly want to change sides - being the bad guy had gotten them everything they ever wanted, her powers back, her family, those they loved and those that loved them - all of it was due to the side they had grown up on, the side that had been picked for them. 

"Think of how much it has made us lose though Mira. Your biological father, Andreas, hell it's isolated us almost our entire lives..." Beatrix's voice cracked as she spoke, tears beginning to well in her eyes as she tightened her grip on her best friend's hand. "The only person I have is you, the only person I've ever needed is you but we both have to admit, it doesn't change how isolating everything can feel. Our whole lives we've sacrificed more than we've gained from being on the bad side all the time - aren't you getting tired of that? I mean come on Mira, don't you just want to be a teenager and live recklessly for once?". 

Elmira let her best friend's words sink in for a moment, unsure how to respond or what she even wanted to say as a response. The ice fairy had never bothered to think of what a life on the other side would entail, not with Rosalind being a constant figure in not just their lives but their families - she'd controlled virtually everything in the best friend's lives since they could remember. With a deep breath and a moment that seemingly drew out longer than the blonde anticipated she finally spoke up.

"So, what's the plan?". Sharing a smile with her best friend caused the look on Beatrix's face to lighten up, a small grin appearing on her lips before the redhead wrapped her arms around her best friend once more. "I love you, Mira." The air fairy whispered as she held Elmira close, the duo enjoying the quiet before the chaos that was bound to come hurdling in like a hurricane. "I love you too Bea."