Chapter Thirty-Four

---

---

Walking steadily around the table the blonde girl ensured she didn't lose sight of the headmistress, scared for what would happen if she unintentionally disobeyed her. As she reached her seat, she allowed her eyes to dance around the room once more, admiring the beauty of it all before she found herself stuck in one place. The last person she possibly expected to see at this event was standing at the top of the stairs beside his best friend, dressed in a stunning deep blue suit with a cream undershirt and white sneakers stood the one person she loved most in this world.

"I thought you might like some company." Rosalind echoed, for once sending a genuine smile to the blonde before she nodded her head towards the two teenagers. Elmira didn't waste a second, immediately meeting her boyfriend in the middle as she threw her arms around his neck, a feeling of calm and safety flowing through her body as she leant into his touch.

"You look beautiful." Riven complimented, holding the blonde girl in his grip as he smiled down at his girlfriend, pressing a light kiss onto Elmira's lips before holding her hand tightly in his own. "You look incredible Riv. I've never seen you so dressed up." The ice fairy teased playfully, pecking her boyfriend's lips once more before glancing over and laughing slightly at the rather awkward interaction between Bloom and her boyfriend.

"They're not much for PDA hey?". Elmira whispered to her boyfriend, laughing softly as she thought of the comparison between the two couples - one of which found immediate comfort being in the other's arms, the other relationship spoke more than anything and still remained physically awkward in public. "Not everyone can be as incredible as we are babe." Riven joked, pulling out the seat slightly for his girlfriend before taking his own alongside her.

Elmira watched as the remaining guests began taking their seats, letting out a small laugh she noticed the tension in the air rise as Stella walked into the room, her arms linked with an older man the ice fairy presumed was a relative of hers. "Poor Stella, the one time she thought her status would get her some Bloom-free time and now she gets the joy of watching Bloom be the star of the show, with her ex-girlfriend on her arm nonetheless."

Riven laughed softly as he watched what his girlfriend was indicating towards, shaking his head at the inevitably dramatic evening ahead the teenager moved his seat closer to the ice fairy in order to drape his arm over her chair. "What I would give to hear what Sky's thinking right now." The third-year specialist added, motioning his head towards the obviously uncomfortable posture of his best friend. "To be fair, it wasn't really the smartest plan of him to date his ex's suitemate, let alone the fact they're now best friends."

"From personal experience I can vouch for that. It definitely just complicates things." Riven joked, his eyes scanning the room for anyone with some form of alcohol to help him get through the evening. "Speaking of, have you spoken to Bea since that night?". The ice fairy questioned, not asking the boy the last time they were together. "No. I know I probably should've spoke to you about this, but I'm done with her, Dane too." Riven informed, the blonde girl simply nodding her head as she listened to the information.