Chapter Forty-Four

---

---

"Elmira, what a surprise. I suppose you've heard of Andreas' passing." Rosalind's voice was stoic as she watched the ice fairy come barging into her office. "No thanks to you." The blonde girl snapped; her arms crossed against her chest as she ensured her breathing remained flat. Elmira had spent the last hour crying alongside her best friend before she knew she had to put things into action. "Tread very carefully with what you say next." The headmistress warned, standing from her seat before she walked to stand in front of the ice fairy.

"Here's how I see it, you failed to act fast enough when Beatrix was abducted - you told everyone that she was on a mission from you in an attempt to keep the calm. In doing this you became the sole reason Andreas acted on his parental instincts and offered a trade. You are the person responsible for his death." The ice fairy's words were like venom, she stood her ground with her arms crossed against her chest, any ounce of respect or kindness she held for the older woman was long gone. 

A smirk appeared on Rosalind's face, the woman simply admiring the sheer amount of hatred radiating off of the ice fairy as she did so. "Andreas was a fool. He knew not to get attached. Beatrix was only a mission and you; Miss Chambers were collateral damage." The older woman confronted, trying to raise the tension within the ice fairy's body so she could plead self-defense if anything shifted. The silence that filled the room was deafening, neither woman backed down as they continued to challenge the other. 

The ice fairy refused to move her stance, not caring for the potential consequences that could come along with challenging someone as powerful as Rosalind. Elmira had already lost her biological father - too young to do anything to stop the horrors that unfolded that day. Now, here she stood almost 18 years of age and she had lost yet another father-figure, this time it wasn't just her pain though - it was Beatrix's too.

"Andreas gave his life up, for you. For your mission and your plans. You owe him." The ice fairy spat, her eyes narrowing further towards the older woman - making it clear she could stay there all day if she needed too. After a few more minutes the headmistress simply laughed beneath her breath, shaking her head before she stood back and took a seat at her desk. "Go on." The older woman motioned, intrigued as to what the ice fairy could possibly request from her after making such a bold move of war.

"Beatrix is staying at Alfea, you are personally going to ensure she regains her powers. You will help in her rehabilitation and receive nothing in return." As the ice fairy spoke, she lowered her arms, her eyes flashing their deadly deep blue as she stepped close to the desk. Refusing to break eye contact with the headmistress the blonde girl placed her hands on the desk and continued to stare her down, seemingly daring her to challenge her demands. "Finally, you're going to tell me everything you know about my bloodline - every truth, every myth, every whisper. You will compile everything together and give it to me before the end of the school year or so help me I will freeze this place over with you inside. Who knows, maybe you'll be a great coat hanger."