Chapter Forty-Eight

---

---

"How did it go?". Beatrix questioned as the blonde ice fairy made her way into their suite, her body immediately relaxing as the doors closed behind her. "Bloom knows I'm descendant from a Blood Witch, she thinks this guy - Sebastian - can help me figure out my lineage, I think he can get your powers back." The ice fairy made her way towards the couch, motioning her head towards her best friend to follow. 

"What's the catch?". The former air fairy questioned, her eyes narrowing towards her best friend and the somewhat defensive nature of her posture. "You mean besides the obvious fact he's a Blood Witch?". The duo laughed at her question, knowing neither cared about that given their own lineage. "Bloom says he won't meet up with her. She's tried twice since she figured out he was the one in charge of it all - your kidnapping, the scrapers, Andreas' bodysnatching moment prior to his death. Since then though he won't see her." 

The air grew tense around the two fairies at the mention of Andreas' passing, neither choosing to focus on it given the events of the last week. "Let me guess, she thinks he won't realise Rosalind and her entire guard are hiding behind an illusion?". The redhead half-laughed, rolling her eyes as she hinted towards the fire fairy's naive behavior. "You got that right." The blonde confirmed, laughing alongside her best friend at the pure stupidity of the fire fairy's intentions. 

"Bloom thinks we can work together - that Sebastian can benefit the both of us." Elmira continued on, watching as the former fairy's attention peaked. "If we can figure out what he wants then he won't have any doubts about working with us. We could get your powers back straight from the source without having to find a million alternative solutions Bea." The redhead took a moment before she responded, her mind running between every possible outcome of the plan before she smiled to herself and nodded. "Let's find Sebastian." 

---

"Mira, you have company." Beatrix's voice called out to her best friend early the next morning, the duo almost ready to head into town on their hunt for Sebastian - or anything that would tie back to the man. A look of confusion crossed the blonde girl's face, doing a once-over of her outfit - a black mini skirt, boots and a long sleeves marble cut-out top - the fairy smiled before sticking her head out the door. 

Her usually calm demeanor shifted as she saw who was standing there, turning her head towards her best friend the former air fairy simply stared on with confusion before raising her hands in the air. "I'm just going to go check the mail for Rosalind." The redhead spoke, narrowing her eyes before walking out of the suite and leaving the blonde girl alone with none other than her ex-girlfriend. 

"What are you doing here?". Elmira questioned; her voice cold as she crossed her arms against her chest. "What do you mean, what am I doing here? I came to talk about last night and see how everything went." Tahmina stepped forward as she spoke, subconsciously reaching towards the blonde only to be met with an abrupt step away. The blonde girl ran a hand through her once tidy hair, sighing to herself before she walked backwards more - leaning her body against the lounge before she spoke again. 

"What happened last night - between us - can never happen again. It was a mistake, a moment of vulnerability and familiarity." The ice fairy's tone was almost as cold as her abilities, her stance unmoving as she ensured the specialist kept a fair distance between them. "You're lying." The redhead voiced, stepping forward despite the fairy's cold exterior. "What happened between us, no matter how brief - you and I both know it meant something." 

Elmira sucked in a breath, her heart betraying her as she watched the redhead step closer to her. "I love Riven. He's the one for me." The blonde spoke, her voice less stern as she watched the way the specialist stepped closer - now mere centimeters away from body. "If you love Riven as much as you claim, why am I still here?". 

The gap between the pair was almost non-existent, the redhead's body pressed firm against that of the ice fairy as she sucked in a breath - desperate to get her nervous body under control. The two exes stood there, neither making a move to step away or to close the gap between them, simply just staring at the other. 

Time seemed to pass slower than the blonde wished it too, she wanted to push Tahmina away, swear to her she felt nothing and yet she couldn't find the words to do so. Being around the redhead made the ice fairy feel secure, her past wasn't something she feared her finding out because majority of it she had lived alongside the blonde. She wasn't worried what Rosalind would do to the specialist - after all the girl was trusted by the headmistress and had proven herself worthy. 

When Elmira was with Tahmina she felt as though she could tell her anything. 

As if saved by the bell the ringtone of the redheaded specialist pulled the girls out of their shared trance. With a soft laugh the specialist stepped backwards and checked her phone - being summoned to training you weren't scheduled for was more frequent than before given the growing tensions between Solaria and Sebastian. 

"If you decide you want to continue this conversation, you know where to find me." Tahmina spoke, winking towards her ex-girlfriend before turning and leaving the suite - the door remaining open for the blonde to carry on with her day. Letting out a breath the ice fairy was unaware she was holding Elmira found herself slumping against the lounge momentarily at an attempt to catch her breath and calm her mind.

"I'm fucked." 

---

It took a further ten minutes for the blonde to pull herself together, grabbing her favourite black handbag she ensured she had everything before leaving her suite and heading on her way to find her best friend. Knowing exactly where the former fairy had hinted at waiting it didn't take long for the ice fairy to reunite with Beatrix. 

"Do you want to tell me what that was about?". The redhead questioned, narrowing her eyes as the pair stepped into the backseat of Elmira's unofficial driver's car. "Not really." The ice fairy confessed, hoping her best friend wouldn't pry but unfortunately for her that wasn't the case. "Too bad. You can either tell me or I'll ask Tahmina myself." Grunting with frustration the blonde rested her head in her hands, letting out another groan before she moved her head back and glanced at her best friend.

"Last night Tahmina and I shared a... moment." The blonde whispered the last part, desperately wanting to be swallowed up by the ground beneath her as she admitted what had happened. "What kind of moment?". Beatrix pried, her eyes narrowing towards her best friend ensuring she didn't shy away from spilling the truth of the events. "We almost kissed."

"Elmira! If I had my powers, I'd electrify your ass right now!". Beatrix exclaimed, hitting her friend across the arm at her confession. "I know! I fucked up okay!". The blonde aired, knowing telling her best friend was the easy part about these events. "To make it worse Tahmina stopped by to ask about last night - with Bloom... and the kiss. I started off telling her we couldn't ever do that again and then suddenly it was like some kind of hypnosis, and I couldn't kick her out." 

Beatrix's eyes softened towards her best friend, grabbing her hand and squeezing it reassuringly the blonde let out a sigh of defeat, glancing towards the redhead for advice. "Do you still have feelings for Tahmina?". The former fairy questioned, her voice softer this time as she watched her best friend with worry and sympathy. "I don't know."